Abandoned escalator on the Sparrow Hills

In 1959 he opened a Moscow metro station "Lenin Hills" (now Vorobyovy Gory). From the station were two options: the first to the Luzhniki and the other to the top of the Sparrow Hills.
This second output is a gallery, with three branches escalators.

Escalator regularly worked until the early 80's, as a result of landslides building was covered with cracks. In 1983, the gallery and the station was closed for renovation

30 photos via Hottabych

In 2002, Sparrow Hills Station opened after restoration. Escalator unfortunately not. Up until 2005 there were plans for the reconstruction of self-propelled track, but unfortunately, due to the complexity of the work required and the high cost of restoration has not been made. Currently, the gallery presents a very dismal Destro.

Premises are chosen by the smell homeless (not seen)

This photo is clearly seen as the ground shifted either, or the base of the gallery. By the way on the concrete etched traces of wooden formwork, which is poured into the solution in the construction of the gallery in 1959.

After going down the slippery slope after rains, abundant sprinkling of broken glass, bypass input from all sides.

Not finding anything interesting except go into the drain well

Through the bars came the terrible smell of rotting, damp and toilet

Inside, nothing interesting, all the equipment for a long time cut off and removed

In some places you can see how the floor was many years ago

Everywhere dust and debris. And it seems to me that more damage is not applied nature and landslides, and the youth to hang out here a decade

I try to pass on the second floor of buildings to climb on the roof, but zapashina such that hunting does not occur to climb further

Climbing stairs upstairs blocks badly littered and deep puddle traversed boots.

Here I am at the top

The last frame and home.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting