The past came on the tail of this.

26 photos via

72-year-old from Minsk, grandmother Nina "lucky". Every morning, leaving the house, she can contemplate the Government House.
The flag flies over the complex of buildings on the square, rushing down the avenue machine.
And Nina Adolfovna walks to the shed to fetch wood to the stove to heat and warmth fill my hut.

The history of the people living in a cottage next door to the home of Ministers ...

Two of the barracks on the street of Karl Liebknecht look at the Government House and the Theatre of Musical Comedy for decades. Sad buildings, one of which even before the war, look ridiculous in the city center. But here's the thing. Shameful and miserable huts residents have become hostages of whether the economy, or politics.

- Our house was built in 1953. I live here since 1966 - says Nina Adolfovna. - Around the time were the barracks, the private sector. Government House stood. Then, "Shanghai" was torn down, the government is left, and we as a wood burning stove stoked and drown.

The old woman lives alone. The orders gortope wood - for the season need 8 cubes. This year the party has paid for 460 thousand in the past, it was 280. crisis.

- The children of unloading paid 100 thousand, and now had to pay 150. At the very forces carry firewood anymore - explains the expenditure items of the budget old.

Problems grandmother missing. In the barracks no hot water: no wash, no wash.

- And last winter we have cold pipes, the water was not any. So I blow torch warmed the pipes - says the pensioner. - Where are we neither treated nor who wrote - it was no use.

In the courtyard of the barracks in which he lives an old lady, are bundles of wood. Drying clothes on a clothesline. Nearby is a black vintage "GAZ" that his boss was trying to sell at auction. It seems as if someone has made a still picture, and we found ourselves was that way back in 1960, when around in "Volga" and "Zilahi" rode the then party bosses ...

It returns us to contemporary life resident of the neighboring barracks. The house and all honored "retired" - built in 1939.

- Barak is in disrepair. Somehow it makes the assessment: 86 percent wear, - says Lyudmila Ermolchik, who lives in an apartment on the 1st floor. - Partitions rotten, floor apartments on the 2nd floor of reinforced pins, so as not to collapse down. We all say - carry, do not worry. But it is not demolished. We live in appalling conditions, and the repair can not be done.

We enter into the apartment - here in the 16 meters, Ludmila lives alone with her husband. They divorced.

- Terms unbearable. The staircase regularly visit homeless, because the door is not locked. Once I go, I see: a guy sitting on the steps of Service - sniffing acetone.

Instead of houses demolished and residents relocated to a new building in the barracks on the Liebknecht is make movies.

- I came home once, and all the spotlights, floodlights shine. And the actor some coming down the stairs, something about Hitler says ...

Nina Adolfovna, saying goodbye, asking us to know when will it still be resettled.

She sits in front of a window. Darkened, Government House is not in sight.

"The winter will be severe," - sighs our interlocutor ...

(last)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting