Bomb shelters in Kyiv

The end will tell

For New Year's Eve stay in Kiev, where we managed to see, to visit three bomb shelters: at the plant under the hotel and under one of the ministries of Ukraine.
About them, I tell you, and in this his next record.
The first order of the shelter was found in a large almost no existing plant.
It turned out great, but completely empty

1. We went there, as always, through the emergency exit

2. Inside of interesting were the only door. Such is rusty

3. Such is firmly locked

4. And here are huge, but usually germovorota

5. Also in this shelter we have made a collective picture, which all went well, well, I - as usual

The second order was inspected refuge one of the most famous hotels in Kiev.
It is somehow almost abandoned and is not supported, but in its own interest.

6. Firstly, it is quite deep - either due to landscape features or because of him rather big cellar

7. Down we went down several flights of stairs to a number

8. Until finally turned around such a germodveri of two halves.
These doors are used in the construction of the AP CS in the pre-war and early post-war years. They are often found on military facilities (all sorts of KP district / city), as well as by institutions (personally, I saw a couple of research institutes and here, at the Kiev hotel)
The meaning of the separation of the two halves of the door on that when the rubble outside the doorway completely open the door can be difficult, and only the upper half - only way to go.

9. Inside the shelter was found the statement "to perform" the picture that was supposed to perform in size 300x300 cm.
Maybe someone knows where this can be seen in Kiev?

10. The second finding amusing in this shelter was "City Plan H" - such plans were used in theoretical exercises of civil defense

11. However, most of the rooms were occupied by the old windows, doors, furniture, remaining renovated hotel

12. Filter-ventilation compartment

13 units in 1959 production

14. By the way, in some areas the light is switched

15. And some already burned before our arrival

16. Entrance to the AP by the rules of GO is equipped with at least two doors to the vestibule between them.
The outer door shall be protective airtight function and its role not only in the seal, but in the acceptance of the blast wave.
DDG traditionally has a greater thickness, or even a convex surface

17. Another curious discovery - a surviving fragment of paintings on the theme of eliminating the consequences of the explosion

18. And the most amusing aspect of this shelter can be called one way to use it in time of peace, which is used here.
In it are made brooms for sale in the hotel sauna

19. Brooms from the leaves of a tree, "sycamore" if I am not mistaken (such huge trees with peeling skin, in the form of maple leaves and fruits in the form of furry balls)

20. And the last interesting point: not all the space of the lower level of occupancy seekers.
One of the pieces severed germodveryami used as a furniture warehouse.
In this part once I had the opportunity to go up the elevator to the hotel (well, come down, of course, too)

21. Third, in order ZS GO visit in Kiev, located at one of Ukrainian ministries. By the way, we found the plate after being left out of the shelter =)

22. We went back through the well head emergency exit, which somehow did not completely closed.
The gallery AB has recently undergone renovation, making the walls were dazzling white, and on the floor stood a jar of paint

23. Fearing the presence of alarm on the door, we got into the shelter through the PSM (which includes its use as an alternative to the input-output even teh.dokumentatsii)
We climbed and found ourselves in a room with a very interesting filter corner

24. In the next room the same filter can be seen from the inside

25. Once in the first room close by PSM, we went into the next room, which turned out to be a warehouse masks.
Each bag is sewn nameplate and the initials of the intended user

26. Exit the warehouse led us into the hall with seven doors (including the one from which we came).
The next, which is likely to lead to the building was locked

27. The following three wooden doors were protected by alarm type "magnetic sealing contact", and from our side.
Accordingly, during the stay in the shelter, we came to this alarms a little messy but effective

28. The most alluring was far from us the door, which in addition to the two reed switches was even questionable purpose and two contour foil is also attached.
Perhaps this is not to smash the door with an ax on the side of =))

29. During the first "simple" door we found the keys to the rest of the premises and the warehouse all different

30. Among all different turned out, among other things, like this clean blank journals

31. And such here spetsbloknoty

32. But the harsh door we waited some disappointment - there was only a filter ventilation compartment

33. I sketched this here shemku illustrating the location and purpose of the premises in the shelter

Posted in [mergetime] 1329034724 [/ mergetime]
In this tale of his Kiev shelters I conclude.
I can only say that in Kiev, as well as in Moscow and in any large Soviet city, constructions of civil defense a lot, and they are located everywhere: in factories, under the civilian and military institutions, in the courts and under the apartment buildings, near the railway platforms and public institutions.
Of course, the state and quality of the maintenance of many of them, most likely poor - but if necessary, they can provide some shelter and even moral tranquility of citizens.

Thank you!
Hopefully, the topic of civil defense in my journal you do not zadolbala =))

Posted in [mergetime] 1329034808 [/ mergetime]
All end. Taken from here lana-sator.livejournal.com/168831.html

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting