The "Vintage"

The idea of ​​creating a media center for the garden was born a long time ago. The basis decided to take the old Soviet radiogram. Well pulls me my everything Soviet, in which you can verify by looking past the post with my development.
Radiola Riga factory VEF I got in excellent condition. And when you consider that this is the radiogram was a 1965 release, the project was necessary to implement.

There will be some photos and some text. Full photo report for work on the blog.

Here, the same «VEF Radio»

Getting kurochit. Breaking the build is not)))

And our machine is nothing more than a wooden box.

First there was the idea to place inside the car speakers, and home-made / purchased amplifier, but then it was decided that it's easier and cheaper to buy a 2.1 system for which we went to the computer store.
To implement the project was chosen speaker of Logitech, for a perfect price-performance ratio.

The whole concept is built on a fully preserving the original form with modern filling. In my case, the appearance will be different from the original only to crash into the side wall of the phase inverter and 15 & quot; LCD monitor on a regular place turntable.
Cut of the glued timber and make holes for the future of reflex.

Plunge into the facade of the speakers was one of the most labor-intensive processes. Because the body is completely glued to remove a decorative fabric is not possible. I had to make an incision in the original part of the cover and cap very carefully vyfrezerovyvat seats without damaging the textile.

From the outside corner, bought on the economic market, I cut a decorative overlay on the monitor.

After all of the decorative frame were adjusted, it was glued PVA and lacquering.
Meanwhile, I began for the implementation of controls. It was completely demolished the old, but a working keyboard. With improvised tester (power supply + lighting) were calculated contact responsible for this or that button. Since the system will operate on the program «Mediaportal», you need to control all seven buttons.

Identify all the right buttons at once, we did not. Of the seven, only three buttons perform the necessary action. Double-check the contacts again and rewire buttons.
Three more times had to cut and glue themselves micro-switches.

Further, the sub was pulled for removal of controls on the front panel. Resistor adjust bass went perfectly, but the volume had to solder on the purchase.

Then he started manufacturing the circuit board. It is glued to the board which will be placed all the elements of the system. With the help of the template was cut under the subwoofer.

The motherboard has been raised above the level of the circuit.

Under the motherboard housed two compartments for standard hard disk drives.

The glass itself and decorative overlay dynamics were planted in the hot melt adhesive.

Then followed the installation of the original lighting, pasting variable resistors, setting the background. Background needed for what would be through the glass could be seen stuffing. I used the back of the keyboard.
After I glued to the monitor, trim, set the knobs.
And now, a media center in vintage housing is almost ready. It remains only to connect all the wires and enjoy.
The plan for the installation of air compression spring to open «flick of the wrist."

Last!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting