The nine circles of Dante's Inferno

Romanian artist Mihai Micah spent seven months on the creation of the nine circles of Hell from Dante's "Divine Comedy." To create his masterpiece, he used about 40 thousand bricks designer Lego.
10 photos via daypic

1. Lust. There are lewd and depraved soul, indulge in vice of lust. They are plagued by painful erotic visions, and, moreover, they are at risk of drowning in the river of menstrual blood.

2. In the photo: Limbo - a place "painless sorrow", where the souls of those who knew not Christianity, that is, those who died before baptism and lived a life of virtuous pagan. Soul roam, plaintively wailing in the ruins of the temple.

3. Gluttony. There is doomed after the death of gluttons and gourmets, indulge in vice of gluttony. In the rain and hail, they are doomed forever to rotate the hellish cauldron.

4. Greed. There are too stingy or too wasteful people who do not know the account money. They are doomed forever dragging gravity from place to place.

5. Anger (River Styx). There are people who give free rein to his temperament. Irascible soul forever doomed to flounder in the swamps, they can not move freely, that angers them more.

6. Apostasy and heretical views. Giant demon closely watching the pit full of devouring fire, where the sinners writhing in agony, pushing each other into the boiling lava. Those who have committed very serious crimes against the faith in God, eternally condemned to writhe in the flames in the walls of the temple terrible.

7. Violence. There are those who are guilty of violence against a neighbor or God himself. They are doomed to boil in the pit of red-hot blood, or else turned into trees tolerate bullying monstrous harpies, and all this under the roar for a second does not stop the reels.

8. Fraud. Here suffer crooks and liars of all kinds. They are doomed or permanently change shape under the influence of demonic spell, or else burn, turning into a swamp lights.

9. Betrayal. There is a huge block of ice frozen into Lucifer, the angel bound forever stamp. He torments all who betrayed the trust of others.

10. The artist Mihai Micah says: "I have not read" The Divine Comedy ", only a brief description of the little circles of hell, which I found on the internet on various websites. I did not want my work greatly influenced the original description, I wanted to create a fresh and original approach to the interpretation of each circle of hell, so let the will of his own imagination. "

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting