History of a flash drive, or nedoPapaKarlo))

Long ago it was ... More instike when studied, bought myself a flash drive by as much as 16 gigs (then it was prohibitively expensive and rare), but not to kursachi her to the library to carry, do not think, but to kinoshki climbed as in good .... And here I met this, quite hardly demanded device .... And like a good thing, but it does not look appetizing .... And it was decided to convert it to a flash card to a "better» ...

So I spread on your court the whole process of transformation in the threshing floor "almost sweet» ....
It will be about 30-35 photos, kaneshno can break, but it is better not to break write at the end of "Hurrah!»

That's how it looked in the original flash drive ... tired:

I must say that a lot of on Yap seen reports about modding flash drives, but as far as I remember, they all (flash or body flash drives) consisted of two parts, and for some reason I wanted to make my was solid, a la mac for flash not glued, not twisted - solid + cap.
Went to the economic boutiques and spent a bit of money (well, without this in any way), namely:

1. Bar Beech (large) - 1 (about 140 rubles)
2. Shlefki (different grain) - approximately 10 units (about 100 rubles)
3. Set brushes - 1 piece (about 60rub)
4. Varnish - 1 bottle (about 300 rubles) road crud
5. Beer - how much a bottle (about half of the budget of the entire project)
6. Hands - 2 pieces (priceless)
Total it took about 600-700 rubles .... Well, certainly not more than 1000 ...

In general, so I pinned it all home, and went to the balcony to figure ...

Disassemble, derive the most valuable, that is, themselves offal:

We take the bar, pretending mark up, cut off:

As a result we get here is just such a disc, the embryo beduyuschego "Pinocchio»:

Now the quality mark and choose the middle of the piece of wood to get a hole in which to insert itself and the electronic flash device:

As long as everything goes:

And now: "Saw weights Shura, they gold» © Ilya Ilf and Petrov ... take the cube and start long and hard skins, first 40th shlefkom then 80 and so on up to 240 ... until then it will be even smaller: < br />

And here it happens FATALITY ERROR ... when choosing the middle of the core bit zakosil, and in the process of grinding struck the side wall to the hole ... trouble ... It was a shame, and at the same time funny, how can you be so Krivorukov)) eventually came to I concluded that to blame beer ...)) And now what? And now all of the above cycle for new)):

And so, in general, it is already beginning to something vaguely resemble our "Pinocchio»:

And somewhere in that moment I realize that I do not care about the design, and can not imagine that you should get out of this rectangular square)) .... The solution came by itself))) in general instead of a rectangle happened ... uh ... well the name of the figure known only to the teacher of geometry ... but overall simpatichnenko:

Here's another:

And more:

Now is the time to think about the cap .... That is, all the same, only in miniature:

In short just choose the middle, just like the skins, just attach the cap to the future shape corresponding to the shape of the main body ... trying to sustain all sizes (it was quite difficult) ... and get here:

Here they are both parts ... until the rough, but still:

It's time to think about what you can close those awful hole, ie that would be a decorative plate on the ends ... I've got the farm ... or rather was, one sleeve of the gun ShKAS which is equipped with IL-2 during the Second World War ... was found in the woods, so she went on this matter, so that the flash drive has turned more and with a moment of history)):

Cut sleeve:

And we get two squares like these here (one already abraded heavily):

Then they mark up, and make a nice smooth hole in the middle in size "vstavlyalki" flash drive (it should go tight, then to cap held):

Something like this:

Here, in general, all the details we needed - 4 new and one old)):

Well, now it's time to glue all this stuff .... Decided flash drive itself into a new body to put on hot polyethylene (such transparent sticks to termopistiku) and do brass plates on the super-super glue)) .... That's what we need to do:

And here it is:

Before you stick your flash drive into the hot polyethylene, she wrapped her usual Strachey-film:

A little brass plates pokoryabal by gluing, sticking to better ...
Well, come on !!! Anyhow, and it turns out we have here is such a disproportionate ebanas)):

And now passed stage in the new - SKINS !!! Only now, with the grain of 240 to 1000 .... And the result is something more or less good:

And more:

In general, our "Pinocchio" is ready for varnishing ... when buying lacquer, it praised him as a consultant that has crept into question, not whether he naёbyvaet me .... And partly confirmed ... the whole nail nichotakoy falls well, not liquid, not a thick, high gloss, but cox ... 4 days, to the stage of grinding and polishing:

Well, that's ready to "Pinocchio" to the use of purpose !!! Kaneshno there are several stocks that I uchtu future, but on the whole turned out no worse than it was the first pictures here ... something like that, hooray !:

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting