Turk saves amnesiac in Russian road accident

Housewife Gulsum Gabadayi four years nursed tourists from Russia, which in 2008 was hit by a car on the track at Antalya.

Man on the road, get a lot of fractures and severe head injury, found the local police. As it turned out, the young man knocked intercity bus, and then lay the senses pedestrian drove passenger car.

The critical condition of the young man was taken to the [next] University Hospital "Akdeniz" in Antalya. There, in intensive care, doctors are literally about a year it collected the pieces and taken out of the coma.

- The guy did not have a document, and no one knew where he was. All the treatment caregiver Gulsum Gabadayi local resident, she took care of him in his family, - says the chairman of the Russian community of Antalya Marina Sorokina. - A woman called him Umut that in Turkish - hope.

Umut (real name guy nobody knows) survived, but the accident left a profound disability - he can not speak and is confined to bed. The hope is to find his family, there was only last year, when on a visit to his adoptive family came to Russian.

- Heard Russian speech, Umut wept with joy, - said a close friend of the family of Said Kai. - Then it became clear that he understands the Russian word.

- By Umut after this incident was invited home to professional teachers of the Russian language, and they, too, confirmed that the Russian language for the victim of the accident - a native!

For information about Umut immediately sent to Interpol and the Consulate General of Russia in Antalya. But for several months by police and Russian diplomats have no good news.

Turk Gulsum Gabadayi shelters helpless guy vowed to find his birth family in that whatever the cost.

- I watched him as a child, 4 years old, and I want him to meet his new family home. As if I was not sick aware of the possibility of parting with him, I understand that a meeting with the birth mother will encourage him - said Gulsum. - But no one can take care of him, as I do, and I'll give it to someone, but knowing that he will always be protected. I put his son on his feet. I try just for the sake of -uslyshat his voice.

As doctors say, is now Umut consciousness developed like a two-year child. But day by day the foster family is trying to brighten up the everyday life of the accident victim and develop his ability.

As she recalls Gulsum, at a time when almost dead guy was taken to the blade, "Akdeniz", she cared for a sick relative in the same health facility. From my first day in the hospital Umut she began to take care of it.

- He was in intensive care for about a year, I started in this time his hands and feet - continues Gulsum. - When it's time to write down somewhere, my youngest son said that we should take his brother home.

14-year-old Alikhan - the youngest of three sons Gulsum - first offered to shelter the poor guy. Since Umut was their brother - the oldest and at the same time the youngest child.

- We love him very much. When passing a wedding in Turkey, we have a tradition - raskidyvatsya sweets. Here I collect all the goodies and bring my brother - says Life News Alikhan. - We try to make it battered the best. To care for him, and he even began to smile.

While Umut can only smile and blink, but doctors note new and new changes in his condition. Now the young man is already beginning to recover muscles atrophied and he is able to make their own food.

Turkish authorities have heard of this heroic stories, concessions and quickly drew up the citizenship of Turkey and the guy gave him the full name - Mustafa Umut Oz. Gruzhdanstvo allowed doctors to continue to be treated free of charge Russian tourists.

Upon learning that Umut most rejoices Russian words and already responds to "Yes" and "No," came from Russia were more likely to visit the hospitable house Gulsum.

- We - the Russian-speaking population of Turkey - follow the fate of Umut. We kindly ask to look at the pictures, maybe someone you know is 4 years ago in Turkey, a missing relative, - appeals to readers of Life News Volunteer Said Kai. - For its part, we visit it regularly. When we talk with Umut Russian, he was constantly blinking and smiling. Such a violent reaction in the Russian language only!

The family Gulsum and her husband grow apart Umut three children. They all live on a pension of 600 lire, which translated into Russian money - about 10 thousand rubles.

The Consulate General of Russia in Antalya since the terrible accident changed the entire leadership, and diplomats stopped to monitor the fate of the poor guy.

- Unfortunately, we have a great rotation and older employees who 4 years ago could study the history of this young man, no more - said the vice-consul of the Russian Federation in Antalya Ilya Ilchenko. - But we will certainly understand the situation after an official request to us via fax or e-mail.

Now history Umut, who looks about 22 years old, are actively engaged volunteers. Volunteers prepare orientation with information about the accident victim and his photos for a larger spread.

Source lifenews.ru/news/108460

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting