Gold fever in the African

My colleague and friend Valery Melnikov went to war in Mali, where local Islamists do not give to live in peace and muddy the waters since the end of last year. It got to the entry of French troops and, in general, the war did not happen. A shoot something right. Therefore Valery found a local "fixer" (as it is always important - to find a fixer!), The Russian who settled in the African operator *, who introduced him to Malian gold miners. In the country, as they say, nothing at all, except for the local crappy beer do not produce, so the government quite officially permitted independent gold production for everyone. Mined the yellow metal a lot - up to 50 tons per year, is the third figure among African countries.
25 photos via drugoi

This is an important man - he has a metal detector. He is looking for a place where there is metal, where you can dig a shallow pit.

Metellus found there immediately and go digging. This African Klondike.

All expect to find a large nugget - this has already happened more than once. Then, you can buy a home and do not work up to the end of life. This is all dream.

Some bad luck, they find nothing. Here is the "Miner" burned in his hole dug in the ground. "People are dying for the metal".

Gold mining busy all. Bring motor pump, you pay for it a few bags of earth in which gold. And you can do nothing else - to sit in the local bar, drink beer and watch crappy soccer via satellite. Everything is watching football via satellite, and dream of finding a nugget the size of my head. Then you can do nothing and just watch football. The Islamists, who want independence for the Tuareg, but all are annoying - they interfere with drinking beer and watching football. All are pleased that the French occupied the country temporarily. But it is for the French strength - at all airports in France are now run the military with machine guns. But the Malians, mine gold, do not care. The main thing is not to hinder search for gold.

The average gold seeker earns up to 150 dollars a month. Mali is dofiga. Well, that is a lot of purchasing power is much more than it earns some milling factory in Chelyabinsk. Or trader in the Chelyabinsk market. In general, it is a rich man, by local standards.

Noon waving Kyle, and "mine" is ready.

Gold here lies almost on the surface, and even lazy Malians, dreaming of beer and football on TV, find the strength to dig the earth Kyle.

See how trying, Stakhanov. He thinks right now will find a nugget the size of a soccer ball and go drink beer.

Bags packed earth, which then washed the gold.

The aunt also can not sit at home and they run to the river to wash the gold. To do this, they have a plastic bucket and half-dried local melons, such as pumpkins.

Children sit at home and wait, and when they grow up and go to dig gold, too, to drink beer and watch PSG plays with St Etienne.

Aunts wash zolotishko.

This mistress of a local supermarket. It does not wash the gold, so so sad.

Dude brought ironware for its "mine."

In the local market.

These tough guys in a bar - buyers of gold. You see, over there they do things you love to Malian - drinking beer and watching football. For this they are buying gold miners.

One local baryg me gold for banknotes. For it is all of the gold miners. Why not Jack London? Only persons tanned.

Here it is, Malian gold.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting