In the skies over New York

I have not been in New York for 12 years. I can not even say whether it has changed. In my opinion - the same hive. But that's on top of change is - now there is Gemini, but almost over the Freedom Tower. For those who were in New York, but did not see it from above, and for all who love aerial photography - another report. :)

37 photos via fyodor-photo

2. New York - big, fly it all - it's not fast. Only flyby Manhattan and its surroundings took us an hour (including travel to and from the airport in Essex County - will report about it later). In remote areas we can not climb - walked along the Hudson River.

3. C-172, upstream.

4. Actually view of the new tower - the main attraction neboskrёbnaya - now this:

5. The height of it is about 420 meters, and with a spike beyond a mile. In the distance you can see JFK

6. However - let's order - from south to north. Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.

8. The denouement to the bridge.

9. Docklands (nothing particularly interesting - mediocre port if you are not a fan of industrial photography), there lurked a few erotic monument to the fight against global terrorism. In my opinion - a monument of terrorism worse. However - there is a sculptor - Tsereteli. The grateful New Yorkers did not find this place on Manhattan, but that would not offend the sculptor and the Russian government - sent him to the port. There, he almost does not bother anyone, but to see it (unless you've arrived in NY cruise ship) is possible only with the island with a statue of Liberty. In binoculars. So peace and harmony prevail.

10. And here, by the way, and Liberty.

11. The island is closed to visitors - last year's hurricane pretty patted him, and there are still ongoing restoration work.

12. As in the Governor's Island - there is also something dug up - I do not know the truth, for the same reason or not.

13. But Ellis Island, where before arriving immigrants who arrived in the United States outside - in order.

14. Southern tip of Manhattan - Downtown.

15. The main building on the site of the tragedy is almost complete, but something else is built, and gradually completed.

16. In place of the Twins made black wells.

17. Brooklyn Bridge.

18. Leave the lower city.

19. Neighborhood "low" in New York - "mezhduneboskrёbe» :)

20. We resemble skyscrapers to the north. Penn Station.

22. Empire State Building.

23. Garmen District and hiding behind buildings of Times Square.

26. We flew past the Central Park.

29. During the park begins once dreaded Harlem. Now, they say, there is very calm.

30. In the neighborhood - Cathedral of St. John the Theologian.

31. Next - Columbia University.

32. Northern Manhattan - view of Long Island. Away LaGuardia Airport.

33. The tip of the island.

34. Yankee Stadium. Already on the other side - on the mainland.

35. Everything - New York behind.

36. Fly to the base.

37. Intrepid Aircraft Carrier Museum.
___
All

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting