Minsker changed his Peugeot 406na spetsversii

At a time when states in its infancy segment Muscle car, and in the UK from the SUV tried to make a luxury car, every Soviet boy, man, or a man dreaming about something else - daydreaming motorists in the Soviet Union was "Volga».

Will be 35 photos from here

Someone lucky and dream was realized in his youth, but most of the inhabitants of the Union could not afford the prestigious GAS. Some realize the dream until many years after the collapse of the "indestructible." A resident of Minsk Gennady, for example, recently changed his Peugeot 406 to an exclusive special version GAZ 24-10. The car is in excellent condition and does not have any non-original parts. Mileage sedan is only 38 thousand. Km.

- I bought a car accident. A friend called and asked me if a "Volga". I replied that I did not need it for nothing. But Comrade still insisted that I bought this gas. The former owner of the car left the country, and the fate of the "Volga" was threatened. And in the end I did not regret. It is not a normal version of GAZ 24-10. Such modifications to our market was released only two copies. Both - for the big bosses of the Minsk plant. One of them sold me the car. I mean, I - the second host, - says Gennady, warming Soviet business sedan.

This gas is 24-10 off the line in 1990. The car can easily be confused with GAZ 24 (produced in the years 1967-1987). The fact that at the instance of the grille set of "twenty-four" model. In fact, 24-10 is a deep modernization of GAZ 24. Historically, the new model has become more accessible to a wider audience, in contrast to the classical 24th.

Given that GAZ 24 remained fairly attractive even in the late 1980s, it was decided not to change its design to create a new model (24-10). With the wings removed outdated sedan nameplates, lost trunk chrome moldings, bumpers gone with "fangs." During the launch of the issue on the market for 24-10 present luxury GAZ 3102, which was considered a class above the 24th. In order to machine different from each other as much as possible, mirrors, wipers and caps windshields of the last been finished in black (instead of chrome, as in 3102).

Gennady instance differs from the series 24-10, not only the metal grille. It has its own front panel, trim and other materials different from the production series wheel.

The instrument panel production series 24-10 is made of plastic, t. To. The polyurethane foam material was considered too expensive for the mass of "Volga". But this instance is just polyurethane "tidy" (as GAZ 3102).

In addition, the standard in air ducts 24-10 are at the top (on radio). In that car, as referred in the article - on the contrary. Dear salon, like 3102, was a so-called 051-series GAZ 24-10.

There are such machines are extremely rare. Series sedans had a normal fabric seat upholstery. 051-E has a rich velvet lining. As mentioned above, for the heads of Belarusian was released only two copies of this model. Where is the second - is unknown.

- Before I bought it, the car was in the garage for six years. Before that I traveled very little. Judge for yourself - 38 thous. Km.

In this "Volga" even left the original seals. Of course, after such a long downtime I had to make some repairs. Having bought the car, I went through it the whole suspension.

Now the machine is running like clockwork. I ride with pride. Mercedes vehicles today are nothing new, and in my car pay attention to - smiles the owner of GAZ 24-10.

Gennady rarely drives a car. Most of the time he was at work (by truck) and passenger car in the garage.

According to the owner, his "Volga" never went in the winter in its history. That is why the sedan is in decent condition. Most of the "Volga" -rovesnikov has long rotted or have a through-hole. While the red spot there, he found in the lower part of the body.
Status interior is also impressive. Every seam Soviet luxury seats in place. On the front panel - no cracks. There cassette (with a separate passport). All switches and keys door locks work. The center console - buttons for retractable antenna on the right front fender. It works too.

Initially, Gennady was not going to sell the car at all: "Five times a guy came on the BMW 7-Series models and the latter asked to sell. But I was sorry. The machine has its own soul. Although once nearly sold. The guy came from Moscow, and even changed the money for the purchase. He wanted his father's 60th birthday present. But at the last moment he changed his mind, t. To. Any questions with the production of cars registered in the Russian »

Now Gennady leisurely exploring the demand for the model, but is in no hurry to leave. He wants to find a worthy new owner.

Under the hood of the car - the same engine ZMZ-402, as in the usual 24-10. This is a 4-cylinder engine capacity of 2, 5 liters.

The official capacity of the unit is 100 liters. from. Some encyclopedias common figure 98 liters. from. The maximum torque reaches 186 Nm unit. With this engine, "Volga" can accelerate to 150 km / h. To disperse hundreds if one did not measure.

GAZ 24-10 was manufactured from 1985 to 1992. This car was the first model of the "Volga", which was available to a wider audience.

According to statistics, the majority of the issued copies of 24-10 are still on the move. But to find the car in such a state as that Gennady is not easy. And even more so in a limited version 051.
The subsequent history of the 24th series of GAZ even more interesting. In 1992, the car has been completely redesigned, and this time, in addition to the cabin, the car has received and body parts from 3102. This car stayed on the line until 1997 and still is one of the most popular "Volga" on the second-hand market.

that's all, thank you for your attention

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting