North Pole. The device icebreaker

Writes blogger Sergey Dolya traveler:

I've been on tours of the icebreaker, when I went to the North Pole in the year before, and something that has already managed to see. This time, I asked to see the places that are not usually included in the demonstration: I was interested in the kitchen, trash compartment, cabin sailors and workshops ...
31 photos under the cut

Confectionery:

Refrigerator, where you store vegetables:

Hot shop:

One of sous-chefs at work. Menu on the ship was very diverse: for passengers, sailors and officers were preparing different dishes:

Green room, or as it is called "Environmental Compartment»:

Then collect and sort different waste: note the right is a detailed manual how and what to do. Of course, for violation of the established order (throw garbage overboard) - fine:

Icebreaker is equipped incinerator. All that can burn - boxes, packaging, wood and plastic - destroyed on board:

On the icebreaker has a chemical laboratory:

The interesting composition of the cranes. It would have gone for an art object of modern art:

Electricity:

Booth papered Olympic symbols:

Watermaker. All the water on the icebreaker taken overboard and cleaned for the needs of the passengers and crew:

Phone like a submarine:

"Dryer»:

On the icebreaker has several workshops. One of them is turning:

Shaft - one of the main nodes vessel:

In this part of the ship shaft comes out and goes to the screw ship:

Electric motor:

Another workshop. Each are washing machines that workers could be erased on the spot:

Driving icebreaker:

Easy plaque Soviet past:

Huge pistons - a gidrouselitel. The whole structure is in communication with a small (15 centimeters in diameter) wheel:

Laundry:

We went to see how they live sailors:

Beds with high bots, so as not to fall out with the rolling:

On vacation guys is simple and fun, walk freely dragged plasma column and console:

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting