Bushmaster Carbon-15

I wanted to share with you the joy of purchase, and to show his new armory purchase - one of hundreds sold in the US version of the rifle AR-15 carbine Carbon - 15 manufactured by Bushmaster.
I try as much as possible, to explain in more detail, including some terms that even far from the armory topics readers would understand what I mean.

If anyone has any questions - please ask absolutely any! If he can answer them - happy to do it if I do not know the answer - I am sure that there will be people who will help us to understand.

29 photos

I wish here to write briefly about the history of the AR-15, read a lot of materials saw a documentary and began to combine all of this information in the post. And I climbed up, my friends, in such a jungle that after a few pages of printed text, and has not even reached the name of the inventor of the M-16 Eugene Stoner, has decided to leave this venture.

Indeed, telling full of the AR-15 and its military version, the M-16, you need to start with an analysis of the experience of the Second World War and the Korean War, you should consider the pros and cons of standing at the time armed US units of small arms, such as the M1 Garand , M1 Carbine, rifle M14, to talk about the mass of people in politics and in the leadership of the General Staff of the undercover games and lobbying Springfield Armory, a lot about. :)

To put everything on paper - get long, and for people who are not very concerned by such details, frankly boring. :)

So let us, I will be very brief: the rifle M-16 was a very difficult fate, she appeared and remained in service with the Army, Navy and Air Force on the coincidence of many circumstances and, rather, against the wishes of the people standing at the head of the army leadership at the time ( Only officially rifle was rejected at the highest level twice)

The army rifle still got through inflame the war in Vietnam, and perseverance of the people who believed in the future of new weapons, such as General Curtis Lemay.

The main advantages of M-16 - lightweight, small caliber, high-velocity bullets, the ability to maintain accurate fire in automatic mode (the rifle virtually no recoil when firing bursts the trunk does not take, but I'm talking about, in Counter Strike a lot of play) < br />
Due to the small caliber of the soldiers can carry an increased ammunition (280 rounds of ammunition for M-16 caliber 5.56 NATO weigh as much as 100 cartridges of caliber .308 Win rifle M-14, the difference is significant)

The rifle is being finalized after entering combat units, where the first samples have shown themselves frankly bad, and, no doubt, caused the death of many soldiers.

After modifications and changes, an M-16 rifle and its various options are turned into an excellent and reliable platform, which still is a major in the army, as well as widespread in the hands of civilian owners.

Enough stories! If anyone is interested to know more - I recommend to see an episode of the program «Tales of the gun - M16», is on YouTube, I do not know if there is somewhere in the transfer, and, of course, to visit AR15.com, where there is a general _vsё_ :)

Well, now specifically about the AR-15. Under this name in the United States produced a semi-automatic version of the M-16.

For those who do not know - semi-automatic - meaning that when you press the trigger to happen only one shot. To produce the next shot you need to let go of the trigger and press again. In other words, the AR-15 bursts of fire could not.

On the civilian market weapons the United States are an endless number of variants of this rifle, very different in appearance from a variety of manufacturers and in different price categories.

Generate an AR-15 Colt, LMT, Smith & Wesson, Sig Sauer, Noveske, Stag, DPMS, Bushmaster and many many others. As usually happens in such cases, you get exactly what you pay for. :)

I wanted to buy a shotgun (for civilian rifles barrel length - 16 inches, the military M4 carbine barrel length - 14.5 inches). Carbines slightly shorter than the standard AR-15, in which the barrel length of 20 inches.

Well, needless to say, I was looking for myself something among the cheapest options.

In fact, I chose two - Smith & Wesson M & P15 and Bushmaster Carbon-15. Long I studied the question, and yet decided to Bushmaster, mainly due to the fact that the Bushmaster chrome barrel, while Smith and Wesson - no.

Chrome trunk should last longer, be resistant to corrosion and the appearance of shells, it is easier to clean and do not necessarily frequently.

So while the Bushmaster and cost a hundred dollars more, I took as a result of it.

The model of Carbon-15 is different from the others, it's the fact that the rifle plastic receiver. :) It is made of a composite material that Bushmaster advertises as 70% more durable than aluminum.

In the opinion of the owners of the Internet, the first versions of the carbine, issued a few years ago, were not strong, and sometimes the receiver broke or cracked, when, for example, an unsuccessful strike against a stone, and so on. N.

It seems to be in the new Bushmaster rifles solved this problem, but I, in any case, be cautious, and this part protects from unnecessary shocks. However, I do not hunt with a rifle, I drive just at the range, so be careful not difficult. :)

About the photos - the first two - a rifle in the form in which it was brought out of the store a few weeks ago. First exit to shooting !!! :) Impressions - excellent, adjust quickly, delivered in gun shop collimating sight (sight cheaper, comes complete with a rifle) almost did not have to configure, very slightly twisted - and began to get to where it is necessary.

There are emerging changes.

AR15 famous for the fact that part of them are interchangeable, so the market is full of various modified or improved parts that you can gradually buy more and put on his rifle than I was engaged with great pleasure!

As you can see, I installed a new lining on the trunk to gain something else to hang on the rifle in the future (flashlight, laser pointer), using Picatinny rail.

Also replaced the pistol grip (if you look at the first pictures, you can see that on the original handle has a ledge in front, and so I got a finger on it exactly, it was uncomfortable.)

But here, everything was going in the complete set - itself a rifle with a sight, the instruction description, the shoulder straps (for those who do not know - it's belt, which carry a gun or a rifle on his shoulder), lock to lock the gate, and a shop for 10 rounds .

A few words about the state of where we live. It is a state with some of the most stringent in the United States of the Arms Act. That is why I can not buy all that quietly sold in the neighboring state in one hour. We always bristling at some prohibition or restriction. It comes to the fact that companies are forced to produce weapons-grade weapon with design changes that it is legal in our state.

So here. We have, for example, can not have a store more than 10 rounds. While the second photo clearly shows the store 30 rounds, how so? :)

Here's the thing - the law was passed prohibiting the 14 September 1994. Therefore, all the shops that were released after this date, in our States illegally. But if the store is released prior to that date, it remains legal.

So if you want a normal shop - look for and buy the old (or one that does not have the date of manufacture stamped)

Also legal in our state of the AR-15 rifles is prohibited to have: a device to abut the bayonet, grenade launcher attachment device, a telescopic butt, flash suppressor. As you can see, my carbine on all of these things are missing, and the stock does not add up, there are two pin hammered.

Here is seen the bottom of the new pistol grip. That's what I love the company Magpul manufacturer is the handle - so is this attention to detail. The handle now appears watertight compartment for storing anything.

Here it is opened.

The rubber uderzhatel possible to push the cartridge 3, and insert back into the handle. The cartridges in the slots sit tight, get well-packed NC that is not thunder, even when the rifle to shake, and is not afraid of water and moisture. Thing !!!

Sight is worth a cheap, one that went in the complete set with a rifle. Collimator sight. For those who do not know - this is not an optical sight, it does not increase, the multiplicity of sight - 1, t. E. It exactly as you see everything as if looking through a normal window glass.

Collimator sights are convenient because they can be very quickly aim, since it is necessary to combine the three points are not on the same line (rear sight, front sight and target), and only two - a bright spot in his sights, and the very purpose, wherever you want to go.

Here is the reddest point. Where it shows there and gets shot.

Photo shoot begins! I'm not a photographer, but I wanted to YaPu gun show in all its glory, which suffered not lie about a month to at least get something prettier. Do not judge strictly, I honestly tried. :)

So, more magpulovskie part!

Mounted vertically on the lower lever Picatinny rail.

In general, decided to make a rifle in color Flat Dark Earth, it is one of the most popular colors, many manufacturers make parts for the AR-15 in this color. But I, as I said, a lover of good, so - just magpul! :) Do not think for advertising. Rather count them, I hope, not banned me.

There is visible polymer receiver. And up and down - plastic, metal parts.

And also - Urra, a new butt !!! Folded.

And unfolded.

For it was according to the law, after having made these pictures, I _razumeetsya_ drilled butt and put the pin to the stock could no longer be folded or expanded.

Incidentally, hardship during installation. It was found that the tube butt originally was not the same size as the military rifles, and slightly larger diameter. As a result, I bought the stock could not be used.

I had to change and the tube (it does not matter, but the extra $ 30 and another trip to the store)

Just pictures.

Here you can see the slide stop and switch fire (aka fuse). The AR-15 only two positions - S (safe) and F (fire).

The army rifles selector can be turned again to shoot bursts or cutoff 3 cartridge, depending on the model.

On the other hand, with the shutter open.

Here you can see the round button - it forward assist, one of the improvements era rifle of the Vietnam War.

M16 weapons are very "dense", small grooves. If you shoot a lot, and not be able to clean a weapon, sometimes, because of the abundance of accumulated soot, the cartridge is not completely enters the chamber.

To hand in these cartridge to the end and use this simple device, it needs just dolbanut hand on the button, thus bringing the valve to the desired position.

At the time, the absence of this "tolkalki gate", took many lives of US soldiers

Plastic receiver closer ... :)

It can be clearly seen on the trunk of the new pad with straps for the body kit, well, cover the window from which emerge when shooting shoot shells.

In English it is called a dust cover, when traveling on rough terrain to avoid dirt in the valve chamber and recommended it to close.

At the start of shooting, it automatically opens when the first shot.

This is me nadybal Koltovsky shop for 20 rounds, just the Vietnam War (64 years), it was necessary to take a picture of this store necessarily !!!

Here the dust cover open

I show the process of disassembly. In general, everything rests on two clips (pins, rods?)

In English, they are called a pin. Here it can be seen close-up, tidy, the right of the letter F fire selector.

To begin disassembling it to simply push your finger (or a bullet cartridge if tight).

You can see that she has already pressed.

Then flipped the rifle, and it is possible to pull the latch to the end (it is fixed on the bottom of the receiver, so do not fall simply rests (seen on the right, above the pistol grip).

Once the latch is pulled back, you have to decorate the upper part of the receiver from the bottom. They are still more bonded to a second latch, so that is not completely separated, the rifle is "break in two»

The process is repeated with a second latch, and a rifle can now be divided into two parts.

And then the bolt and charging handle can be removed from the top of the receiver. Pay attention to the notches on the gate. It rests in them and forward assist, if you slap on it to hand in these cartridge in the chamber.

Rifle incomplete parsing.

The charging handle, bolt, return spring, the lower part of the receiver to the butt, upper receiver with the barrel.

Putting it all back, hang lock.

Several shots in a steel target at a distance of 150 m. It is up to.

And this is after.

Guys, the last!

The plans - to buy a good (well, okay, not good, even if normal collimator sight), and the folding front and rear sights can hang a flashlight (that want !!!)

Practical applications for the rifles do not see, I do not consider it a good weapon for self-defense of the home (do not go there to direct the shot, so the local walls at home 2-3 in the district through lumbago), to hunt with it in our area no one.

So this purchase - only for the soul and trips postrelushki.

I could not help but take a picture with the last battle brother (and Tula Cartridge)!

All friends, all good luck, I hope it was interesting!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting