Rasputin's Daughter

Of all the family Gregory survived it alone.
19 photos and text. Taken from Sadalsky

2. Here it is in the picture - in the hands of his father. Sister Barbara left, right Dmitri.
Cooking died of typhus in Moscow in 1925, Mitja - in exile in Salekhard. In 1930 he was sent there with his mother and his wife Paraskeva Feodorovna Feoktistov. Mother did not get to the links, died on the road.
Dmitry died from dysentery December 16, 1933-go, on the anniversary of his father's death, three months survived his wife and little daughter Lisa.

3. Barbara Rasputin. Photo postrevolutionary, saved girlfriend. Damaged intentionally, for fear of reprisals by the Soviet authorities.

4. Family Rasputin. At the heart of the widow of Gregory Rasputin Paraskeva Feodorovna left - son Dmitri, right - his wife Feoktista Ivanovna. In the background - Katherine Pecherkina (worker in the house).

5. G.Rasputina frozen body found in the Little Nevka the Big Petrovsky bridge.

6. On the night of 17 December 1916 the Yusupov Palace on the Moika Rasputin was murdered. In his old coat found a note (written Matrona, from the words of his father):

"I feel that I will go out of life before the first of January. I want to say to the Russian people, the Pope, Mother and children that they should take. If I am killed by ordinary murderers and my co-brother peasants, the king of Russia, you will not have to be afraid for their children. They will reign for many more centuries. But if I destroy the nobles, if they shed my blood, their hands are stained with the blood of my twenty-five years, and they will leave Russia. Brother will rise against brother. They will hate and kill each other, and twenty-five years in Russia will not rest. King of the Russian land, if you hear the ringing of bells, which tells you that Gregory killed, know that one of your faked my death, and none of you, none of your children will not live more than two years. They will be killed ...
I will be killed. I no longer among the living. Pray! Pray! Be strong. Think about your blessed family! »

7. In October 1917, shortly before the uprising, Matrona married officer Boris Solovyov - party rescue attempt of Nicholas II in exile in Siberia.
The family had two girls, named in honor of the grand duchesses - Tatiana and Maria. Last was born in exile, where Boris and Matrona fled from Russia.

8. Prague, Berlin, Paris ... Wanderings were long. In 1926, Boris died of tuberculosis and Marochko (affectionately called her father) was left with two children in her arms nearly destitute. Restaurant, outdoor husband went bankrupt: they often dined in the debt of poor immigrants.

9. Matrona goes to work as a dancer in a cabaret - finally useful dance lessons, which she took in Berlin ballerina of the Imperial Theatres Deviler.
During one of the performances she was approached by the manager of one of the English circus:
 - Thou shalt come into the cage with lions - take on the job.
Matrona, crossing entered.

10. Posters of those years touting it as:
"Marie Rasputin, the daughter of the mad monk, famous for his exploits in Russia!".

11. It was said that one of her famous "Rasputin" look is enough to stop any predator.

12. Soon the young American entrepreneurs interested tamer, and Matrona, moved to the US, she began to work in the circus Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey Circus and Gardner.

15. Arena is left alone after her once wounded polar bear. Then all the newspapers are talking about a mystical coincidence: bearskin, which killed Rasputin fell, too, was white.

16. Later Matrona moonlighted as a nanny, a nurse at the hospital, gave Russian lessons, met with reporters, wrote a great book about his father called "Rasputin. Why? "Repeatedly published in Russia.

17. G. Matrona died in 1977 in California of a heart attack on 80-year life. Grandchildren her and now live in the West. One of the granddaughters, Laurence Io-Soloviev, who lives in France, but it is often in Russia.

18. Laurence Io-Soloveff (Laurence Huot-Solovieff) - granddaughter of G.Rasputina.

19. I - the daughter of Grigori Rasputin.
Baptized Matrona, Mary called me home.
Father - Marochko. Now I'm 48 years old.
Almost as much as his father was,
when he led home a terrible man - Felix Yusupov.
I remember everything, and never tried to forget anything
from happening to me or my family
(No matter how it is calculated on the enemies).
I do not cling to memories, as do those,
who tend to relish their misery.
I just live by them.
I very much like his father.
As much as the others hate it.
I can not afford to make others love it.
I do this and do not seek, nor sought his father.
Like him, I want to just understand. But I'm afraid - and that too when talking about Rasputin.
/ From the book "Rasputin. Why? »/

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting