Shoigu of "Iskander" in the west of Russia

Russian Defense Minister, Army General Sergei Shoigu said on Wednesday that the missile complexes "Iskander" will be placed where the country's leadership sees fit.

"Recently, a great noise arose that we are somewhere not to put" Iskander ". On the territory of the Russian Federation where we want, and to put "- said the Minister of Defence.

In addition, according to him, Russia has to respond to the European missile defense. "We do not sit just like that, do not look at (the deployment of missile defense). Our science, designers and factories, believe me, work very effectively. And the weapons possessed by the Russian army, it powerfully, flexibly and efficiently. We have something to respond, "- said Shoigu on Wednesday MATI meeting with students, when asked about the measures taken by Russia into the deployment of missile defense in Europe. He added that a number of foreign countries are now worried about the fact that Russia deploys its forces in the Arctic, RIA "Novosti".

"Next year, I think we largely completed the program to deploy troops on the Franz Josef Land, Novaya Zemlya, engaged in the study of Wrangel Island. Thus, the entire zone will be closed, "- said Shoigu.

The minister also called on Russian citizens do not believe the rumors that Russia is weak and can not do anything. "Believe me, it's not true," - said the Minister.
Earlier, US General Philip Breedlove said that media reports about placing near the borders of the European Union "Iskander" of concern to NATO.

Recall, on Sunday, the German media reported that the secret satellite images show rooms in Kaliningrad and along the border with the Baltic countries (Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia), "at least ten" "Iskander-M".

In this regard, the Minister of Defence of Lithuania Juozas Olekas expressed concern. However, the Russian Defense Ministry said that the deployment of "Iskander" in the Western Military District does not contradict any international agreements.

Operational-tactical missile complex "Iskander-M" is designed to destroy various ground targets: missiles, long-range artillery, missile defense facilities and systems, and air defense. The complex is characterized by high mobility, stealth and use a little time preparing for launch.

From here-http: //3mv.ru

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting