Russian tanks do not surrender to the enemy.

Source

In summer, in July, the forest beckons invitingly their gifts - berries and mushrooms. Everyone has their own cherished places. That and I have a close to the village Demeshkovo that in the Pskov region. In July this year turned out to be especially hot, and in the woods you can pick berries in the morning. Heat, horseflies and midges - all this after ten o'clock did not give the opportunity to be in the woods.

After gathering, as usual, a bucket of blueberries, I got home. On the way I met an old man with a bunch of birch twigs. Conversation, we came to standing by the roadside monument.
 - You do not know the history of this monument? - I asked.
 - During the war, tankers here Honor, two weeks in the winter fought nemchura. I am small at that time was. My mother later told me - puffing on a cigarette, he told the old man.

I myself tanker and was well aware of what it means to be in a tank in the winter such a long time. Therefore, I decided to restore the historical data feat tankers. Here is how described in documents the 118th Tank Brigade separate the events that occurred 70 years ago ...

The picture shows the monument to the heroes of the tanks near the village Demeshkovo.

Tanks Brigade, continuing to lead the offensive, which began December 16, 1943, were fierce battles in the direction Borovuhi, Kopachёvo, Demeshkovo. December 17 tank platoon under Lieutenant IM Panistova combat mission was set: in conjunction with the 59th Guards Rifle Regiment seize the village Demeshkovo. The advancing Soviet troops met strong enemy fire from anti-tank guns, mortars and small arms. As a result, lain down infantry and tanks went ahead alone.
Without sufficient support from infantry and artillery, our tanks began to suffer losses. The Germans shot down one of our tank, the other ... After a while burning for four combat vehicles.
Tank Lt. SI Tkachenko, continuing to move against the enemy, began to bypass the damaged and tanks in flames. However, when up to 30 meters Demeshkovo was on his way appeared wetland area, which is to circumvent the situation was impossible. And the tank got stuck in the swamp. No matter how trying to rescue her from the swamp "horse armor" a driver Sergeant MN Bezukladnikov, squeezing all the horsepower of the engine was not confused. Sergeant had to leave the tank to see how he sat down, and understand what needs to be done to save the war machine. Bezukladnikov got out and was immediately struck by an enemy bullet. A vicious battle for the Russian village Demeshkovo continued.
Lieutenant Tkachenko saw yourself from that Carr did not get the tank, need help from the battalion. Without delay, he sent to the battalion commander tower arrow Senior Sergeant AM Kavlyugina. Thank God that was not killed, but on the way to the battalion, he was severely wounded and was unable to complete the task of lieutenant. Without waiting for assistance, Tkachenko decided to go himself. Under the roar of explosions, howling and whistling of bullets minute dashes officer in the battalion moved forward and native infantry, which the enemy (it can not be underestimated) cleverly cut off by fire from the advancing tanks. No luck that day Tkachenko - by the way, he was seriously wounded in the head and could (largely due zalёgshey our infantry) lose their lives. However, it is this, and saved the infantry officer tanker, picking up and sending a medical battalion.
The battalion commander, Captain PG Jim learned of the death of stuck tank and the driver Bezukladnikova caused the driver experienced senior sergeant A. Sokolov.
 - Make their way to the tank and is not going anywhere as long as we do not have a chance to pull it out. Clearly?
 - Yes sir! - Said Sokolov, along with a radio operator-gunner BC Chernyshenko went to the tank got stuck.
We get in, took him under protection.
The battalion commander decided to evacuate the remaining equipment on the battlefield under the cover of darkness the night, sending it to two tanks. As a result, the one-liter tank Timchenko managed to evacuate, but to get close to the tank Tkachenko, there was no possibility of the fascists aimed fire.
From the line of defense of our forces tank is 800 meters away, and the enemy - only thirty. The Germans have repeatedly tried to get close to the tank, but always got rebuffed crew. Marsh kept a stranglehold tank in his arms, but it ukrylo him from enemy fire, leaving only the surface of the tower, which was very difficult to get out of a cannon. However, the first day of the protection of the tank, Dec. 17, Sokolov was injured. However, more damage to our two heroes of the opponent could not apply.
After a while, the Germans abandoned their intentions. Perhaps they thought that the tank will become a grave for these obscure Russian. And in our part of them they considered missing.
Thirteen days, from 17 to 30 December, the tank remained at the forefront guarded Sokolov and Chernyshenko. Three jars of canned food, little biscuits and two hundred grams of fat, no matter how try, for such period not stretch. Yes, and how our soldiers can know how much they will have to fend off the enemy together. There was no water in the tank was bitter cold, the enemy continually shelled the area. Cold armor half bogged down in the swamp tank reliably protect the crew from the Nazis, but to get out of the tank and walk in his part of our fighters forces left. Only on December 30 during a renewed offensive of our troops, wounded, frostbitten, they were removed from the tank and taken to the medical battalion 370 th Infantry Division.
Valiant tankers - Sergeant Alexey Sokolov, who was born in Stalingrad in 1918, and a radio operator-gunner Sergeant Victor Semenovich Chernyshenko, who was born in 1925 in the village of Aleksandrovka Stalin Region, honorably fulfilled his assignment for the Protection of the tank stuck. For courage, heroism and Sokolov Chernyshenko was awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union.
Unfortunately, on December 31 Sergeant Sokolov died of his wounds. He was buried in the village of Turki Transportation of Nevelsk district of the Pskov region. Sergeant Chernyshenko more than a year spent in the hospital, he amputated both legs. In July 1945, he was discharged, he graduated from the Sverdlovsk Law Institute and worked in Chelyabinsk national judge. He died in 1997.
On the eve of the 65th anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War the company "Stroytsazmontazh" established near the village Demeshkovo granite monument tankers, accomplished the feat in 1943.
... Our generation is now difficult to imagine the greatness of the feat of two tankers. Perhaps there are those who will manage an ordinary phrase that heroism - a feat of some and negligence, carelessness of others ... But for some reason I have on that hot July day when the story of the old man on the back ran a chill. Thirteen days of winter wounded, hungry tankers, carrying out orders, not only protects your tank. So they fought for their country!

Author Vladimir Kovalkov.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting