My birds

Good evening. I want to tell you about their parrots and about how I was trying to breed them.
© DartWaider. My post directly.

It all started around 2006, when we were with my girlfriend, and now wife, decided to have a parrot. Parrots I had as a child, and therefore any problems I have not seen for content. Pet shop was 2 houses on our and while I was at work, Ksyushka (wife) bought a young boy. By phone described how beautiful and so on.

Decided to call it - Tatoshka. Yes, I understand a funny name, especially for a parrot, but nevertheless it was decided to call it so. Week we toiled to take him a couple or not, because did not plan to take 2 birds, but looking at the bored Tatoshka, we still decided to take him to the girl. Called on simple - Vic.

Somehow, going to the pet store after work, my vzlyad fell a couple of parrots. These I have not seen, I was blown away by their strangeness. It turned out to be - rosy-cheeked lovebirds. Yes, it is not rare birds, but then an Internet I did not have, and these parrots I saw for the first time.
Two days later I was drilling the brains of his girlfriend just one sentence: "Let's take." The expression on my face was "kot_iz_Shreka_otdyhaet." 3-4 day she gave up. And now I'm running home with new pets. In the photo it a couple of months. Green - Tyomka and yellow - Dasha.

With the advent of home lovebirds, we have revised their views on what budgies loud birds. Narazluchniki, as it turned out, shouting 10 times louder and not what they sing loudly, namely shout. But we put up, it is still their language, and to retrain them we did not intend. And healed all together. Wavy were shock-emergence of birds large and noisy it. A couple of hours all were silent.
As time passed, passed molt and we saw the true beauty of lovebirds. I think they are always mischievous smile))

Swim

My association with Firefox free))

Posted in [mergetime] 1392996516 [/ mergetime]
In contrast to the wavy, lovebirds were quite nepuglivye and Tiomka soon went on contact. He was unmoved until recently, but seeing in my hand tie construction, just rasstayal. So began our friendship. Here zapechetlen first contact:

Posted in [mergetime] 1392996571 [/ mergetime]
Matured, but the favorite toys were.

On one of the forums has been given very good advice: if you do not want the birds do not fly everywhere, then the best option would be to set as high as possible fruit tree branch with various toys and so on. Went to the embankment, cut down from a broken tree branch, did the spider and put the whole thing in the closet.

The Council was really efficient, but there is one "but." He does not work for lovebirds. Their favorite activity was to chew everything that can not gnaw, whether wallpaper, curtains, budgies. Yeah yeah. Injuries have wavy fault of lovebirds occurred. Basically bitten fingers, but it was a lot of blood. And being in different cells Dasha (female lovebirds) falls short of the neighboring cells and bit wavy. You come to the room, while all cells in the bottom of the blood. But we know that the lovebirds are aggressive towards other parrots, and so we were mentally prepared for injuries and immediately provided first aid. And then came the experience, and we realized that the lovebirds have a case to wavy, only when they are in a confined space. When they wanted freedom to sneeze at all.

Thoughts about breeding appeared on the first day pairing, but the experience was not enough, and somehow not leisure. Finally I decided. Was read a lot of forums, books and 5+ hours of meditation. While decided to start with wavy, because their breeding as it was written, it was the easiest. But even the most simple dilution proved quite difficult for a beginner. It was necessary to create the conditions for breeding birds and desires. To do this for two weeks as a house feed the birds hang sprouted grains and vegetables, as well as cottage cheese. Then, after 2 weeks, hang house and give the egg (in a strange way, in my opinion, to give the birds cooked children of other birds) prior to laying. Once the female lays her first egg, stop giving boiled eggs.
Food food and nest was not. I had to do:

Posted in [mergetime] 1392996678 [/ mergetime]
Began to feed, house to hang. Oh yeah, this should be done in the spring. The first time it did not work, because very nervous, worried and in a hurry.
The second time it worked out. If all is well, the female lays 1 egg 2 days. About 6-7 eggs per clutch. And so the chicks hatch with a period of 2 days. Here it is - our first-born. If prislushitsya, you can hear how he cheeps.

Black marks on eggs - this is their number, so we understood from what eggs have to wait for the chick. They grow very quickly. When a second, the difference in the size of the first very noticeable. Warms chicks mom, and when it does not, then themselves.

Chicks are very clearly visible yellow goiter in children it is so thin that it can be seen through the grains.
It is very clearly visible dimensions between the 1st and 6th chick, and it's been only 2 weeks.

Posted in [mergetime] 1392996999 [/ mergetime]
Because chicks eat, they and cocoa, so they had to clean the house (also see the difference in size):

The chicks grow, grow stronger and become opera. This is very interesting coined nature.
Appears fluff.

Then the chicks begin to grow out of the skin tube. Something like a small telescopic rod))

Later, at the end of the tube burst and showing feathers, turns to look at art as a normal brush. Tube eventually breaks along completely, exposing more feathers.

In litter we got 5 in the same folder chicks, but the 6th girl received from Nurse - Lutino gene (do not know how to describe). That is the mother herself is not bright, and the girl appeared almost white. That girl sure that, as it is only through the female line. I hope nothing is confused, yet long been.

Chicks become bolder and more open world are studying.

Some more photos.

Posted in [mergetime] 1392997148 [/ mergetime]
These chicks I gave a gift, because did not pursue the goal to earn some money, but it was just interesting to see the emergence of a new life. With lovebirds same, I did not. The first breeding was empty eggs, the second one was ptinets and died 2 days later. It is believed that they are brother and sister, and therefore does not work. It was decided not to torment more birds, although periodically Tiomka proves that he is a man who though.

That's all. Thank you for your attention.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting