Hikaru Cho: "My body, my rights"

The artist Hikaru Cho with the support of non-governmental organization "Amnesty International" campaigning "My body, my right ', under which has been made a series of unique paintings. Enjoy watching! Hikaru Cho, she Chu-san, a sophomore at the University of Tokyo. Last year, her work is widely reported in the British and international media.

With acrylics, Cho uses the human body as its main canvas.

"Amnesty International" - an international non-governmental organization, founded in the UK in 1961, which aims to "undertake research and action focused on preventing and ending violations of the rights to physical and mental integrity, freedom of conscience and expression, and freedom from discrimination context of its work to promote human rights ».

"All people have prejudices, and even a sense of discrimination", - says Cho, who, though born in Japan and speaks Japanese, is a Chinese citizen. "Often we do not even notice it. I experienced it myself many times while living in Japan. People differentiate their ethnic group from others, to further unite ».

Source: avaxnews.net

Tags

See also

New and interesting