In the USSR, Brezhnev period was a rumor that Bulgaria begged the Union 16th republic, but she refused - they say, there is no common border and so on. More was saying: "Chicken is not a bird, Bulgaria - not abroad." Whatever it was, for the majority of the Soviet people, Bulgaria was perhaps the only foreign seaside resort where you could get at least theoretically. And I must say, there are many have visited. Therefore, one zhivkovskaya Bulgaria has rightly become part of the common historical memory of the Soviet past.
Let's see how they lived "Bratushka" when its socialism.
1. This is not Las Vegas! It is the People's Republic of Bulgaria! Night bar Variete in Slanchevo Beach, 1960.
2. Sunny Beach, a restaurant Palma, 1960.
6. Restaurant "Frigate", Sunny Beach, 1960.
9. 1986 camp Kiten.
10. 1960s, flight attendants on letische Burgas.
11. 1960, Varna.
12. 1964 in Sofia.
13. 1960, Sofia, Cathedral Street.
14. 1970s, between TSUM Sofia Cafe and Hotel Balkan.
15. 1988 in Sofia, Vitosha, Hotel Niu Otani Japanese garden with
16. 1987 Pamporovo bus station.
17. The resort Vitosha 1968
18. Bulgaria was not only a health resort, but also a granary, and a smithy. The socialist cooperation, it was certainly more than is known for its agricultural products. Winery in Sofia, 1960
19. But with mechanical engineering in Bulgaria it was a good idea. 1980s, bus Chavdar factory in Botevgrad.
20. 1980s, the Balkans plant in Lovech.
21. Truck Skoda - Madara produced at the plant in Shumen.
22. Education. 1980s, Pleven, science lessons on the computer Pravets 82.
23. The socialist supermarket, 1981
24. 1985, the electrical shop.
25. And about politics, ideology, and other symbols. to complete the picture. Dimitrov's mausoleum in Sofia, 1960.
26. 1980s, guards at the airport in Sofia, the meeting of the official delegation.
27. The 1985 meeting hall with a portrait of Zhivkov.