Legendary SUVs

These legendary model had a significant influence on the development of vehicles. They asked off-road standards.

Willys (1941)

The legendary Willys became the first four-wheel drive, designed for traveling over rough terrain. You could say it is the father of all modern SUV.

Land Rover 80 (1948)

First SUV Land Rover, which was continued in the model Defender manufactured to this day. 80th was the first car off-road, created not for the armed forces.

Range Rover I (1970)

It is this SUV has proved that the permeability and comfort are not mutually exclusive. In the Range Rover I both increased throughput and quality finishing business class. Now this car is present in the Louvre as an exhibit.

Nissan Patrol Y60 / GR (1988)

Become a legend in the 90s as a transport UN peacekeepers. This car is present on television screens in the reports of the "third world».

Toyota Land Cruiser 80 (1989)

This car has become a model terrain, reliability and comfort. For example, the inclusion of the differential lock button has been displayed on the dashboard.

Mitsubishi Pajero II (1991)

Pajero SUV has earned its reputation on the legendary "Dakar", winning a total of twelve titles. It was at the famous marathon run in new design solutions Pajero.

Hummer I (1992)

Military vehicle, released on the civilian market after the show reports from the Persian Gulf.

Mercedes ML (1999)

Mercedes ML broke stereotypes when designers abandoned the frame structure, making the body of the carrier. Beam axle became two independent suspension and lock replaced electronics.

Toyota RAV4 (1998)

By the time the Rafik longer for it was no secret that the majority of the holders of all-wheel drive cars hardly go over rough terrain. However, the Japanese decided to build the first urban crossover, creating a class in one fell swoop.

Porsche Cayenne (2003)

What will happen if the builder of sports cars will take up the creation of an SUV? That's right, you get a Porsche Cayenne, which combines the sporty character and excellent handling with a cross.

Tags

See also

New and interesting