BMW has started tests i8 hybrid sports car

The BMW Group has started winter testing prototype hybrid sports car i8. The German company undertook to closely for the development of eco-friendly cars direction. I8 sports car manufacturer will become the second model after the urban electric vehicle i3. In addition, other mark group including aristocratical Rolls-Royce, are developing electric vehicles. BMW i8 is created based on the concept car Vision EfficientDynamics, first introduced in 2009 in Frankfurt. Sports car will be equipped with a hybrid power plant that combines three-cylinder gasoline engine in volume 1, 5 liter and 170-hp electric motor powered by lithium-ion batteries. To compensate for the large mass of the batteries, the designers have tried to minimize the weight of the car. Machinery sub-brand under the «i» will receive will receive an aluminum chassis and body made of carbon fiber reinforced plastic. According to BMW, the car can accelerate to hundreds in 4, 8 seconds and reach a top speed of 250 km / h. According to preliminary information, the novelty will present to the public at the 2012 Olympics in London, sponsored by BMW. The cost of the machine will be about 240 thousand dollars.

Tags

See also

New and interesting