Red knot

Every day, the Moscow Metro carries about 7 million. People. For the majority of the passengers is the usual routine, people do not pay attention to the architecture of the stations prefer my ears headphones and look in your phone or tablet. It is not surprising, because due to the day all the same - the usual stations, transitions, and a crowd of strangers. In another look at the metro only tourists and young children, which all surround a novelty. I was in a small age is not the exception, every trip to the subway has been an adventure for me. The tunnels, stations, it was akin to a journey into another world. Even then I knew that what I see is just the tip of the iceberg, because if you turn to the passengers in the car back and stare out the window, you can see that in the tunnel in addition to the cables, there are strange dark passageways that lead somewhere, and at stations and junctions are many closed doors, behind which, too, is something hidden.
As time went on, I grew up and started to forget about the mysterious underground world, which so fascinated me as a child. Metro becomes the beginning for me just transport. But at some point I realized that I must fulfill the dream of a little boy that I was. For a kid I wanted to grow up, only to realize those things that seemed important to me not to make them as adults is tantamount to deceive the child, and it's wrong. As it turned out, that was closed in my childhood, this is not even locked and opened another door next to the station, I found myself in the technical room.
Behind the door we were greeted by a corridor with a variety of closed premises and hermetic locks fragment in transition. Through these mechanisms, the station turns into a large shelter with protection and from the bombing, and by contaminated air. Once an alert has only 15 minutes to hide at the station, because after hermetic locks are closed and you have to hide in the folds of the terrain.

Following cables we found the descent down to the lower level, which is already under the subway tunnels.

This is the place to "people" referred to as the "red unit" due to the fact that the walls and ceiling are covered with metalloizolom.

Due to this coating provides corrosion protection and waterproofing.

Learn the exact purpose of this facility is very difficult, because the information about such facilities in the public domain and is not any documentation on the subject, we also did not find.

There is a theory that the "red unit" is the intermediary between the metro, which is higher, and the bunker, which is below the possible, which is also unknown.

One thing is for sure, that the object of this rather young. It was built in the 2000s.

Construction was carried out through the barrel, which is now in caretaker status.

Theoretically, it is possible to get on the surface, but it's pretty foolish as salable condition - critical, and very likely they will not withstand the weight of a person. The height of the stem is difficult to determine, but even a photograph can be seen that it is clearly not small. Given the fact that the station with which we were in the "red unit" deep foundation, and we had to go down even lower, probably to the ground somewhere around 50 meters.

On both sides of the cable Walker are various technical units, almost all of them are closed iron doors. But in some areas you can still look. These pumps are almost made me a heart attack when they were involved with a deafening roar, just at the moment when I installed the camera in front of them with a tripod. A few minutes later they are disabled and under the earth again became relatively quiet.

Since canned trunk is not sealed at him from the surface of the water is constantly flowing around him and formed puddles. In the winter time there appear blocks of ice.

This part of the object leads to the ventilation equipment. Particularly interesting there was nothing there, so we went in the opposite direction.

When he reached the fork in the road we decided to start with the examination of the left branch.

. This site was included light, so a lot of time photographing did not take.

To our pechalka this branch led to a dead end, in which the hose empties. Then, before you leave this place, we were able then to wash his hands from dirt and put himself in a more or less human form.

Going back we went to the white tunnel that brought us to Perepadnaya trunk from which it was possible to get to the other levels of construction and the existing subway. Choosing the latter, we went up a few floors up and went to the empty box in front of tunnels running underground.

A hole in the floor in which there are tubes and the entrance to the "red unit" on the part spans.

Parallel to the tunnel on which the race is held compositions cable gallery.

There is already felt in all the subway. Strong gusts of air and the roar of passing trains hint that we have almost the stretch.

Happy chance that we notice here is zero, and you can play around a little with the camera and flashlights.

And here is the access to the tunnel. That such a plan passes, I looked out of the window of the car and waited for the moment when he grew up, to see where they lead.

To go to another track has a special tunnel under the tracks, which led us into a closed sboyka with a large "Carlson".

Sboyka It is very close to the station so the train to slow down, and you could sit and consider the train passengers that we did not notice. Although if somewhere in the car sat and stared into the tunnel, the same as I, a curious child, he just saw us.

All good things come to an end and a little after sitting in sboyka, we are going in the opposite direction. Now I understand that the child does not feel deceived and the subway a lot of interesting things hidden from prying eyes.

Source: saoirse-2010.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting