Uneasy great husbands

Alexander Blok
The great poet Lyubochka Mendeleeva married for love, but the husband of it turned out, to put it mildly, strange.

Block thought that physical love can not be combined with the proximity of the spiritual, and in the first wedding night the young wife tried to explain that the physical intimacy between them will never happen.
He would call her his Beautiful Lady, Eternal Wife, Mystic Maiden.
From a letter to Ljube Mendeleeva: "You - my sunshine, my sky, my bliss. I can not live without you, either here or there. You're my secret first and my last hope. My life belongs to all of you without exception from beginning to end. Play it if you can be fun. If I ever manage to make something and something imprinted, keep track of the passing of a comet, all shall be thine, and from you to you. Your name The local - a great, wide, unfathomable. But you do not have a name. You - Ringing, great, full, Hosanna my heart the poor, pathetic, insignificant. I see you given unspeakable. "

The morning after the first "wedding night" Luba unit out of the bedroom with red eyes from crying, but it was full of desperate determination. That poor thing just did not do! In the course went all the traditional means of female seduction: the most fashionable outfits Petersburg tailors, clothes from Paris, love potions from traditional healers village and even a flirtation with his best friend Andrew White Bloc.

A year later, Luba managed to "seduce" her legal spouse, but, alas, did not bring the long-awaited proximity to both the pleasure and the poet still prefer "spiritual kinship" ... not to give up on his wife and did not stop loving her.

Albert Einstein
The great physicist after 11 years of marriage, wrote a manifesto, which would regulate relations with his first wife, Mileva Maric.
Albert and Mileva were married from 1902 to 1916. In a letter to his wife dated 1914, Einstein explained it its conditions of family life that she was obliged to comply perfectly to keep them disintegrate by the time the marriage.
She had to see to it that his clothes and underwear were always in order, to give him food three times a day. She had the duty not to humiliate him in front of the children - the words or behavior. Among other things, do not wait any feelings on the part of her husband and did not blame him for the lack thereof.

She had to accept the fact that now her husband did not have to sit with her at home or traveling, and to give up illusions about who's boss. This is evidenced by the following two requirements: "You need to shut up if I ask you about it" and "You have to leave the bedroom or study immediately and without objection, if I tell you about it."

In letters to friends Einstein boasted: "With my wife, I was treated like a servant, that I can not get rid of."
Interestingly, at the time of writing this letter, Einstein was already in connection with his cousin Elsa. Mileva and Albert soon began to live separately, but finally divorced only after five years in 1919.

Ivan Bunin
After the revolution in Russia, the writer and his wife Vera Nikolayevna emigrated to France and settled in Grasse, a small town in the south of the country.

Here, on a villa in Grasse, 56, Bunin and he invited Galina Kuznetsova - no one famous writer begins, which was not even thirty.
Galina Kuznetsova - last love Bunin, gone to his head so that he put his wife before the fact, "I want to Galia was living with us." This strange "life threesome" lasted almost seven years.

Divorce his wife writer is not going to, he did not want to lose an established way of life, and during the years of marriage his wife became a family man. "Love Faith? Like this? It's like love his arm or leg ... "- one was surprised Bunin said.

Anyone familiar Vera explained that she receives in her house Mrs. Kuznetsova as "literary disciple" of her husband and his "adopted daughter".
Over time, the "love treugolnik" turned into a "square". The villa is settled writer Leonid Zuroff.

Ivan the Terrible
So far not determined how much time was married autocrat. According to the most common version, pious Ivan, there were seven.
The first (most favorite) wife - Anastasia noblewoman Zakharyin rumored to be poisoned.
The second - the daughter of the Circassian prince, characterized violent temper and a penchant for adultery, conspired with her lover to inflict the coup - Mary Temrjukovna imprisoned in the Kremlin under the supervision of the guardsmen, though she died of tuberculosis.
The third time the king married Martha boyaryshne Aloetic, she lived not long after the wedding - two weeks in the house Saburovs entree was the brother of the late Queen Mary, who treated someone else's bride poisonous candied fruit (ostensibly the king's table).

The fourth wife of Ivan IV, the lord in turn henpecked, disliked the boyars - slandered before the king. The rest of his days (quite a long way, more than 50 years), Anna spent in prison in the convent.

Meanwhile, the king had his eye on Maria Dolgoruky. The first night it became clear that Mary is not only liked Ivan - and kept her maiden honor before the wedding. For his sin she paid a terrible price: it was drowned in the icy river.
Then there was the 17-year-old Anna, who died three months after the wedding of breast disease.

Vasilisa Melentyeva - Terrible penultimate wife buried alive (there was nothing to change).
Only Mary Naga - last wife Ivana - lucky she survived her husband!

Lev Landau
"The shop peddling" - so called Landau ... marriage. The great physicist believed that marriage and love are incompatible. He urged his beloved bark as not to spoil their high ratio wedding. The scientist was desperately afraid of losing what is most valued in the world - liberty, but ... still married.
However, before it made the bride swear that she will not be jealous of other women: "While all my talk about mistresses are unfortunately only theoretical ... Jealousy in our marriage excluded lover I definitely will! I want to live a bright, beautiful, interesting. "
Landau's wife in his controversial book "Academician Landau. How we lived, "bequest published after her death, describes such a case:
"Daunka flew into my room, hugged me, kissed her nose loudly announced:
-Korochka I to you with a very pleasant news, tonight at twenty-one hours, I'll be back no one will have to give me the girl! I told her that you are in the country, sit quietly, like a mouse in a hole, or go away. Meet you should not. This may scare off her! & Quot;

Jealousy and confusion did not have to embarrass his wife. Quote from the book Kora Landau:
"And then you felt sorry for me some other people's, just do not need a girl. Where is the logic? After all, you can not wish me harm if I began to succeed in girls, you have to enjoy my joys, my successes! I was so afraid to marry. I'm probably a bad husband, but to lie, to think of something I can not and do not want to understand, it's just disgusting! »

Amedeo Modigliani
Renowned artist - expressionist one of the versions proposed to his civil wife to share his ... death.
Almost all of the Artist's Model Modigliani after some time became not just a nudes - with creative people and it happens. But the final and most tragic love Modigliani was the 19-year-old artist Jeanne Ebyuter. She quarreled with her parents, who did not approve of her marriage with a young beggar artist (Modigliani became famous only after his death), Amedeo gave birth to a daughter.

Amadeo Modigliani died at age 36 in a hospital for the poor of tuberkuleznogo meningitis. According to one version, before his death, the artist proposed to Jeanne to die with him. The saddest thing is that the 22-year-old Jeanne, who wore a heart second baby, could not help but to fulfill the last will of Amedeo.

At the hospital, she went to her body and Amedeo for a long time looked at him. Returning home, she did not cry, but kept silent. And at dawn, at four o'clock in the morning, Jeanne Hebuterne jumped from the sixth floor window to his death. Together with the child, who was destined to die without being born.

Vyacheslav Molotov
Allowed to arrest his wife, did not even attempt to argue.
Molotov's wife - Pauline Pearl - incredibly annoying Comrade Stalin. Stalin repeatedly urged Vyacheslav Mikhailovich divorce! Molotov, his recommendations are not heeded, and then the persecution began. Pearl was taken out of alternate members, then charged with treason and arrested.

Vyacheslav did not even protest, despite the fact that his wife loved. "I - a member of the Politburo, and I had to obey party discipline ... I obeyed the Politburo, which decided that my wife should be eliminated," - he explained his behavior.

"I had the great fortune - Molotov later said - that she was my wife. And beautiful, and smart, and most importantly - a real Bolshevik, real Soviet people. For her, life was awkward because she was my wife. She suffered through difficult times, but understood and not only scolded Stalin, and would not listen when he scolded. "

Leo Tolstoy
Count all the 48 years of marriage to his wife arranged for psychological testing.
When they married, Leo was 34, and Sophia - 18.
Leo Tolstoy was a man amorous. Even before marriage, it has had numerous connections. And he is coming off a female servant in the house, and a peasant woman from the subordinated villages and gypsies. Even the maid of his aunt Glasha innocent peasant girl seduced. When she became pregnant, her mistress kicked, and relatives did not want to take.

Particularly long and has a strong relationship with Tolstoy's peasant Aksinya Bazykin. Their relationship lasted three years, although Aksinya was a married woman. When Leo propose to his future wife, Sophia Bers, he still kept in touch with Aksinya, who became pregnant. Before his marriage, Tolstoy gave the bride to read their diaries, which openly describes all their love affair, which caused shock among inexperienced girl. She remembered it all my life.

She dreamed of a carriage, a magnificent dress and ornaments, balls, theaters and techniques - in short, all the entertainment that could give light to a girl her position, but agreed to go to his estate Yasnaya Polyana. And as many as 19 years, did not go anywhere.

Almost all of the 48 years of their life together Countess ever been in a position either to breastfeed. She was hurt and sad to see how it Levushka grips in the corners of the maids and cooks. She cried at night, but could not do anything.

Tolstoy was busy searching for the meaning of life, oblivious to his wife. He thought about all, not about her. But the Countess is not just loved, she adored her husband, but always suffered, and suffered from his neglect.

By the end of Tolstoy's life she seemed to be choking his wife, his love, spying on him, does not live.

Henry VIII
King of England, known as "Bluebeard" treated their wives as consumables, consistently getting rid of annoying.

In order to marry Anne Boleyn, who flatly refused to become his mistress, the king, drawn into a complicated and painfully long (divorce with his first wife Catherine of Aragon lasted about seven years), in tatters he quarreled with the Vatican and went to the Department of English the Church of Rome. But just three years later Henry VIII blamed his wife, who bore him a daughter (and he wanted an heir to the throne, the daughter of one he already had!), Of treason and sent to the scaffold.

Then the king was kindled passion for Jane Seymour, maid of honor Boleyn, married her a week after the execution of Anne. Jane died in childbirth. When the king asked who to save - the mother or the child, he said, "Save the child. Women I can get as much as anything. "

Peter
While the first Russian emperor was twice as old as his wife Catherine, it is a long time sincerely loved her husband. Separated spouses wrote tender letters to each other and meet again, we lived in harmony. Catherine could only put out a flash of anger of the king, during which "forelocks cracked" his "chicks".

In the early years of family life, Peter the Great often cheated on his wife. She knew about it. Moreover, during long separations personally sent "girls" to his wife that he was not bored in distant lands. Soon the Empress herself was not in debt.

Catherine found an intimate friend, or, as they said, "favorite" - Villim Mons. Ironically, it was the brother of Catherine's lover Anna Mons - first love young Peter I.

After receiving a mysterious accusation on the relationship of his wife and Mons, Peter pretended was away from the palace. Returning suddenly, he found Catherine in the arms of the bedchamber. According to eyewitnesses, "Peter had the appearance of such a horrible, so threatening, that all saw him, they were filled with fear. He was pale as death. Wandering eyes flashed. His face and his whole body was convulsing. He took out twenty times and hid his hunting knife, which is usually worn at the waist. " All this time the emperor was breathing hard, stomping feet, pounded his fists on the table, threw his hat on the floor and everything that came to hand. Finally, leaving the chambers, he slammed the door with such force that it broke.

Willim Mons was arrested Jan. 9, 1724. Peter not only forced to watch his wife to death of her lover, but bringing a jar of alcohol, in which the floating severed head handsome Chamberlain, set it on the table beside the bed and under pain of death forbidden unfaithful wife to remove her headscarf or cover. Peter himself slept in the other bedroom. After a few days of Catherine, weeping, fell on her knees before her husband three hours begging for forgiveness. Peter sent to the bank with his head in the Cabinet of Curiosities.

Communication between spouses ceased. It was only when Peter was already on his deathbed, they were reconciled. The king died on the early morning of January 28 (February 8) in 1725 at the hands of Catherine.

Tags

See also

New and interesting