In New York trash

From the author: I will tell you an amazing story, which I witnessed today has become. What's there to witness - involved directly. So New York City, Manhattan, Upper East Side (one of the most expensive and prestigious areas of the city). A friend of mine who lives nearby, decides in the morning to go to the store to buy milk and bread. It follows, then, from his apartment building, talking, and after a few quarters saw the trash, standing alone at one of the expensive mansions. He would have passed as they did thousands of others, if not for one thing. The container is opened (usually closed with a tarpaulin or a film), and the top, mixed with garbage bags and the snow lie books. A lot of books. Then he decides to delve into them.

It finds that in the container are not only books, but also construction debris, furniture and bags with things. All this is covered with a thick layer of snow. Apparently, he's worth more than a day.

Dialing a box of books and various garbage, he goes home, where he began to carefully study found. Among the pile of books is one, which is written on the cover: Michel de Montaigne, Essays. Special Edition, 1947. Pictures from "the famous American artist" Salvador Dali.

The book is in almost perfect condition, but inside really illustration Dali.

On the first page discovered inscription: This edition is limited to 1,000 copies and signed by the artist. This copy is number 950. And under these original signature of Dali made fountain pen.

Search in Google yields the following result: the exact same book under the number 503 and autographed Dali sells for 1525 dollars. Can you imagine! It is clear that the price is probably overstated and that such money is not quickly sell the book, but it is obvious that it is quite expensive and rare editions. I think that 500 dollars it will take flight. I do not know that he will now have to do with it, but find amazing. If suddenly someone interested in this book - write. I have forwarded proposals to the new owner.

After hearing this story, I got into the car and drove to the address location of the container. Digged in there for two hours, we scored four boxes of junk. Paintings, books, letters, things, etc. Something had to make out, but something is still in boxes. Pearls, like Dali, was no longer there, but nevertheless I found a lot of interesting historical artifacts. We collect a lot of books of historical value which remains to be seen. Something with autographs, but most not.

From found. Women's underwear. New with tags. Stockings in the package and not even printed. Year at a loss to define, but most of what we have been unearthed from the period between the forties and sixties.

Books. Alice in Wonderland (edition '47), a book with pictures and stories of John Lennon, Stalin (39th edition).

Illustrations Alice.

The Book of Lennon.

Stalin.

From the book by Rudyard Kipling.

Historical artifacts. From left to right, top to bottom: zero folder with carbon paper, old photos, intelligence reports to UN flights Western Air Lines, the form notice of the hotel in France from advertising TWA, envelope with telegrams (mostly sent from Cyprus), radiogram RCA.

I brought home a bedside table, a pile of books and two boxes of documents. I am sitting understand. Inside the invoices, declarations, bank statements and checks, insurance, letters, etc. There are a lot of unopened envelope dated 1951 year. Then I'll write a separate post on what naroyu.

Such is pomoechka on Manhetetne. And how much goes to the landfill ...
Why did it happen so? I suppose that someone had died. Most likely the lady, whose name is found on a pile of documents and according to the address on the envelopes, lived in a house nearby. It is possible that she had no heirs. New residents or building owners have decided all the junk thrown out of the apartment, which hired a company is engaged in the removal of debris. Those all came and stupidly left in the container. Mexicans working there, and they that Dali did not Dali - absolutely on the drum. They said to make, and they have taken out. We were able to see just what lay above. What's under the mountain of garbage and furniture do not know anybody. It may well be that the book autographed by Dali is not the most valuable that lie in the garbage.

--img17--

Source: samsebeskazal.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting