Sea Creatures

A fisherman from New Zealand was very puzzled, when suddenly caught completely transparent marine animal resembling shrimp.
Stuart Fraser was fishing with his sons Finn Cohen and 43 miles north of Karikari Peninsula when he noticed a transparent creature, almost floating on the surface.
Mr Fraser said: "I thought, if I should catch it, but curiosity got the better and I decided to take a closer look to it. At the touch of a creature it was like jelly, but inside he was a small orange ball. We had no idea what it is, never seen anything like that before »...

Deborah Kreknell, head of the research team from the National Marine Aquarium, Plymouth, said that most likely it Salpa maxima
Paul Cox, an expert on public relations of the National Marine Aquarium, said: "This form of animals, little is known. Usually they live in colder waters ».

"This barrel-shaped creature feeds on phytoplankton. They can live either alone or in groups. Like other defenseless creatures in the ocean, they are almost transparent, it allows them to be less visible to their enemies ».

Translated specifically for fishki.net

--img4--

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

Tags

See also

New and interesting