SAG Awards 2014

Despite the fact that in our country the US Screen Actors Guild Award few know, in Hollywood, this award has a special significance. First, the red carpet of this event is hardly inferior in its splendor other prestigious social events, and, secondly, SAG Awards for the past 20 years is one of the most accurate indicators in the fight for the coveted "Oscar". According to statistics, 13 of the 19 leading actresses, when it is the recipient of SAG, and became the owners of the "Oscar" and in the category "Best Actor" prize winners matched even more often - 15 times. Thus, we can identify today following the Oscar race in the major categories, but with a few exceptions.

Before we get on the bandwagon with a review of the red carpet, let me present to you the list of winners of Screen Actors Guild Awards 2014:

Best Ensemble - "American Hustle»
Best Actress - Cate Blanchett, "Jasmine»
Best Actor - Matthew McConaughey, "Dallas Buyers Club»
Best Supporting Actress - Lupita Nyong'o, "12 years of slavery»
Best Supporting Actor - Jared Leto, "Dallas Buyers Club»
The best stunt team in a feature film - "Survivor»
Best Ensemble in a Drama Series - "Breaking Bad»
Best Ensemble in a Comedy Series - "Modern Family»
Best Actress in a Drama Series - Maggie Smith, "Downton Abbey»
Best Actor in a Drama Series - Bryan Cranston, "Breaking Bad»
Best Actress in a Comedy Series - Julia Louis-Dreyfus, «VIP»
Best Actor in a Comedy Series - Ty Burell, "Modern Family»
Best Actress in a TV movie or mini-series - Helen Mirren, "Phil Spector»
Best actor in a TV movie or miniseries - Michael Douglas, "Behind the Candelabra»
The best stunt team in the series - "Game of Thrones»

By the way, on account of exceptions that I mentioned at the beginning of Lent: not the fact that Matthew McConaughey will be the winner of the "Oscar" this time. The SAG he did not have to compete with its main rival in the fight for the gold man Leonardo DiCaprio, which was not included in the list of contenders for the Screen Actors Guild Award. The same situation is with Cate Blanchett, who will have to try hard to get around on the "Oscar" Amy Adams. It was also not in SAG nomination for best actress.

Review from the red carpet:

Every time I saw Lupita Ningo on the red carpet, I think it's better to have simply can not be. It turns out, maybe even both! Rising Star and, dare I say it, the most stylish actress kinosezona current SAG bestowed at the ceremony in a stunning creation of the fashion house Gucci, tailored specifically for her. In an interview with columnist trendy Lupita admitted that she fell in love with floral trim dress, its magnificent turquoise color and a simple silhouette. Well, I fully share her feelings.

Inspired by images from the film "The Great Gatsby", Isla Fisher chose a dress in retro style of the Oscar de la Renta. The dress of silvery silk looked at the red-haired beauty is very impressive and luxurious diamond jewelry, dark cherry lipstick and a volume blow-added glamorous image more dramatic.

The star of the series "In ce grave" Anna Gunn came out on the red carpet in a dark blue dress Monique Lhuillier, decorated with beads and sequins. Despite the fact that this outfit is hardly original, it looks and sits on the statuesque actress just perfect, and large earrings with stones and clutch with the symbols of seryl-victor as time added to the image of eccentricity.

/ b

Despite the fact that the images of Sofia Vergara are usually devoid of originality, I can not help but admit that in their outfits the actress never looked extremely bad. This time the choice fell on her dress payetochnoe Donna Karan Atelier, a pair to which the actress picked up a large necklace with precious stones. For me, this is another way of Ms Vergara, nothing more.

Restrained, but not without elegance image shown on the red carpet Jennifer Garner Dress Max Mara. In my view, such a laconic style outfits and style is the best highlight the natural beauty of Jen and her figure, and in combination with unusual accessories and all look perfect.

Trendy output Julia Roberts has become perhaps the most unexpected moment the red carpet SAG Awards. The fact that the choice of the actress fell in her usual dress in black or white, but in overall bright pink hue. Of course, the dress from Valentino looked very original on the background of countless evening gowns, but I'm not sure that a grand red carpet SAG - the right place for overalls. What do you think?

Inconsistency attire and age - the most common mistake when it comes to young girls. So Abigail Breslin wanted to look older than his 17 years, in connection with which she dressed in a dress that fit to wear Helen Mirren and her for a moment, had 68.

The bride Kaley Cuoco opted for the creation of the red carpet from the collection of Vera Wang. Actress was pearl-gray dress mermaid silhouette, decorated with tulle drapes and a large bow at the waist. I love romance and tenderness of the dress, but I am not sure that this eye makeup decorated with Kaylee. Dark blue shadows without shading reduces the eye, and from a distance and did look like two black eye.

Despite the fact that Camila Alves bestowed at the ceremony, to just support her husband, she looked no worse than many nominees on the red carpet yesterday. Beautiful color and spectacular draperies were the main virtues of her dress Donna Karan Atelier, which was very becoming skater model. The only thing that did not suit me at this fashionable image, it's hairstyle - like dramatic outfit requires a more elegant styling.

Deep dark blue color for the second year in a row is a favorite of fashionistas on the red carpet SAG Awards. Do not resist him and Kelly Osbourne, choosing a dress for the ceremony with a spectacular decor and futuristic elements from Zac Posen. The dress is sitting on Kelly flawlessly, but awkward hair color, which is absolutely not combined with a touch of dress, all also does not give Me rest.

Very controversial outfit chosen for the ceremony, star of "Game of Thrones" Lena Headey. The unusual combination of colors, shiny fabric bow on the chest and active print - all together it looked very unexpected, but I had to like. Laconic beam and orange lipstick perfectly complement the image.

Unlike his colleagues Lena, Emilia Clarke did not bet on a non-standard redundancy, and on the laconic glamor by choosing attire for the ceremony of the Calvin Klein Collection. Dress color pink gold sitting on the actress like a glove and discreet styling is the best fit in a minimalistic way.

"Beauty requires sacrifice" - it's not about Emma Thompson. Unable to bear the torment on his heels on the red carpet of the "Golden Globe", the actress has added a vintage dress shoes on a flat sole. Black dress from the brand William hails from 30th was decorated with colorful applique in the form of a bird and would look adorable in combination with heels. Alas, slippers - they are in Africa slippers, though by Louboutin.

Hormonal jump - my only excuse the madness that we showed at yesterday's ceremony, Kerry Washington. Her outfit Prada, which, incidentally, was sewn specifically for the actress would have looked ridiculous on any girl, not to mention the pregnant woman. I respect Carrie for courage, but this is too much.

/ b

To be continued…

Tags

See also

New and interesting