Tango with snakes

"Girls, you do not see a box with a snake?" - It happens casually asks in the dressing room before the show only in Gomel performer of oriental dance with snakes Catherine Sebeleva. "Then a squeal rises. Once again convinced that people just shy away from snakes, - says the girl. - Then follow the "terrible" questions, of which the first in the ranking: "And they bite? & Quot ;," Toxic? "," Are not you afraid that they'll strangle? "And" Snakes probably slippery, nasty? '. " On what reptile actually, at the end of the year Snakes reporters "GW" she told the dancer. "In fact, they cool the skin and muscular. My Nana tiger python and the boa-banana ordinary Vasilisa not poisonous, although it can bite. A strangle is only in the case of my complete unconsciousness and then, if you go crazy and will embrace the neck, bringing with them never happened "- Ekaterina joked.
The interest in snakes came to the girl with enthusiasm belly dancing, which she has been almost ten years, five of which are dancing with reptiles. "When started, the competition in Gomel was small - she recalls. - And then I decided that you need to invent something new to stand out from the crowd. Somehow we were visiting friends in Minsk circus, who spoke with snakes. In the arena of their performance looked very impressive. "

About four years for performances dancer took snakes hire at Gomel friends. "Basically reptile weighed 15 kilograms. I after submission of the severity of them literally shaking hands, "- says Catherine.
And then she decided to have her. "So in the house there was Vasilisa length of 1, 7 m - says Catherine. - Although it is a girl, I call her Bob. Speaking with her, I met the year of the Snake. " And soon she purchased from the same seller tiger python, albino with red eyes. Dvuhmetrovaya Nana - also a girl.

"Just do not make any sudden movements - warns Catherine, pulling a boa constrictor from the terrarium. - Her instinct. She can throw at hand as prey, so I try to keep her head fixed. For myself, I am not afraid - already bitten. Snakes do not have the concept of a host. If you know how to take it, no problems. No such that for me it will go, and you do not. It is not a dog. " Once, after a speech in kindergarten to Catherine approached by one of the parents. I asked, pointing to the hanging on the neck of a snake: "bite?" "Of course, bites," - said the dancer, so as not plagued with questions. A snake before it had never been bitten. And then, losing vigilance, Catherine waved. "And me with full force biting boa - says the girl. - On hand were two small drops of blood. I look at the man - he was shocked. His curiosity had left a long time. She bites nebolno despite decent pressure jaws. Fear that you do not know when it could happen. Reaction snakes such that not blink of an eye. "

Big money dances with snakes do not bring Catherine. "As long as I feed them - in the literal and figurative sense," - she said.

"It's true that snakes fed live mice?" - Interested in a dancer.

"Dead, they will not take. Mice tried, but realized that they did not stock, - the girl answers. - With a boa switched to white rats with python - on guinea pigs. Wild rats given no risk, as they can bring illness. By the way, quiet python, when he lived with the former owner, was attacked by a rat, and he has scars on his tail. The owner thought to kill Nana, as he decided that it would not survive. Now I feed her only adult guinea pigs, 100 thousand rubles apiece. In the month of buy about four animals. "

For Vasilisa boa, whose lightning-fast response, once every ten days Catherine gets five white rats, paying 50 thousand each. The maximum that they can live in a terrarium - 20 seconds. BoA missing their teeth, choking, throwing rings. Only the tail of the rat out of the mouth and then sticks. Python to live feed can look ten minutes. He poked his nose and then proceed to the meal.
It is now Yekaterina Sebeleva calmly talks about the process of feeding the reptiles: "One pig equals many mouse. Buy each time about twenty rodents I did not have enough money. " And the first time Kate has thrown in the cage guinea pig, mother daughter otpaivala valerian. "When you give with your hands on the death penalty Krysenko and see how it swoops boa, it first pulls. Who used to. See that no pig was attacked by a snake ", - she says.
A feeling of fullness snakes there - how much food, so that they may eat. That is why, according to Catherine, the circus so thick snake "They're from overfeeding. I'm still a girl, I dance with them, so anaconda, from which I will fall off the back, I do not. Even with my feeding, they have grown over the year by about 10 centimeters. "

"We do not reject the free presentations to children. In May ottantsevala in the final twenty balls for schoolchildren. Do not refuse to take part in charity events in orphanages, - tells the story of Catherine the schedule of performances. - Before children act nicer than to adults, some of them drunk trying to touch the snake. " It is not only safe for humans, but for reptiles. "I was a boa constrictor in the very sick. Because the fungus had begun to rot skin. As I explained to the vet from the circus, someone, touching a snake, he brought the infection - says the dancer. - For a man it is not terrible, but it is very painful for the reptiles. That's why I asked you to wash your hands. " To cure a snake, it is bathed in the bath with a solution of chamomile, medicinal ointments smeared.

I do not like the girl and how often the artists are art director entertainment. "Unfortunately, many of them are not able to build up its work and to be responsible - emphasizes Catherine. - It is one thing - to wait 15 minutes speech, but when to exit the stage need to serve two o'clock ... and it happens often. Because snakes I can not wait more than 20 minutes, since they are sensitive to temperature changes and can easily catch a cold. Poor react to drafts, cold, heat. " After such expectations art director of the Gomel club said dancer with snakes, which she behaved correctly. "Often this attitude is argued that the money paid for access. First and foremost for me is a pleasure, and such performances will not earn much, "- says Catherine Sebeleva.

The original genre

"Oriental dance with snakes - is, above all, a beautiful display of reptiles with elements of some movements. Perform a full Arabic dance at the same time is almost impossible. It's more like a performance in the original genre, "- says Catherine.

"You have so much time dancing with snakes, believe in the eastern horoscope?»
- I ask Catherine. "I'm not superstitious, I do not believe in omens - says the dancer. - I can not stand to read the horoscope. If they can be formulated and then individually. Snakes can also learn of absolute tranquility, wisdom and siyusekundnomu ability to respond to the circumstances ».
"Without them I probably rarely invited to act - says the girl. - And in the last New Year we Nana and Vasya general were "follow suit" ».
Before leaving, the dancer gave reporters wording discarded snake skin, which resembles cellophane tape. "If you put a piece in her purse, then you will always have money," - adds Catherine. Well, we try to see this in the coming year.

Source: newsgomel.by

Tags

See also

New and interesting