The area will

Babchenko

I could not understand what I have been associated Maidan. This is not a revolution, and riots, and - even more so - not Marsh. Not "Occupy". This is not a war. And do not protest as such - in its pure form. And not even a confrontation with the government, in spite of the blockade and barricades Square military trucks. Yes, and protest and revolution - all of that is here, but it is - together, a broth of social and political phenomena, a little of each. None of which is predominant, and can not fully characterize the Maidan.

But today, looking at the concert crowd of thousands at three o'clock in the morning, even not going to disperse, duty and shift change at the barricades, paramilitary, army tents with the words "first hundred", "second hundred" block the Khreshchatyk barricade, which is now called "Kozatska redoubt" - understood.

Maidan - this Sich. That is the Zaporizhzhya Sich, which we all read Gogol.
The same polupohodny-paramilitary-polugrazhdansky lifestyle, which is associated with each Cossacks.

Maidan - a territory will. Not freedom and freemen, and it will - it's the Ukrainian word best describes what is happening here.

And the barricades that "protestuvalniki" to protect their area, not to protect this particular piece of land, and it is their very "will", their right to live as they want to do, not as they impose authority. And the authorities here as such, no.

Maidan - a community of free people, who do not recognize any authority over itself, except that they are willing to accept on themselves yourself. "No power ashche from Independence».

Three opposition leader - Klitschko and Yatsenyuk Tyagnibok - commanders are not here. They can not make Independence to do what he does not want and can not force him to give up what he has purposed to do. And even in the last round table discussion with President Yanukovych asked the leaders of the mandate of the Maidan. And Maydan gave them the mandate. It Maidan allowed them to go and talk with the enemy on behalf of the people and make them repeaters your will, and not vice versa. There was no collusion with the authorities here can not be in principle. It simply will not accept.

Independence - all by itself. This is a separate body, a separate institution of society, able to self-organize and self-regulate. Direct democracy.

The People's Chamber, milling with violins and something similar to smoking in the City Council, who these people are guarding. And at the entrance to which is forced to remove all caps - out of respect for the partnership of people gathered here.

And many people in the Cossack hats, trousers, colonel clothing and other national costumes of the last century, with Oseledets on shaved heads and long whiskers to his shoulders, of which puffed Tyutyunov long curves Cossack cradle - an amazing look here relevant, in their environment, although any other circumstances would have seemed mummers.

Like many priests all faiths that during the storming of the barricades come forward, together with all and face the people, not behind them.

Faith in general is very organic. The three-hour prayer service the morning, when the Independence found out that he was in the blockade, baptized at the barricades people with helmets in hand, cribs, already established around the Christmas tree - all of this is consistent with the place and the spirit. Faith, it turns out, can indeed lead people if do not intend to turn them into mindless fans. Even the poster "Let him Givet St. Mikolaj, dida Claus Get out! "Is not annoying.

And the anthem, when thousands of people are standing, his hand on his heart, and sing "per second Thilo we set for our freedom and show scho we Bratt, Kozatska race».

Zaporizhzhya Sich as it is. Khortytsya. Taras Bulba. Will.

"Do you hear me, dad? Hear! »

During the storm, the winner of Eurovision 2004 Ruslana was on the scene all night. Calls on the police to stop, called to refrain from beating, said it was a peaceful rally. By the way, it is, in my opinion, does not sleep. Every night, every hour takes the stage anthem. Spends the night in the House of Trade Unions, together with all - on the floor. And then, when the security forces, and not being able to break through the huge, who came to the aid of the mass of the people - the people of Kiev to learn about the early storm, began to come walking around the city, took the helmet and become operational, and at some point they became so much that the police simply did not have the strength and heard the command "panels on the ground" - the stage skanidrovali: "We - the nation! We - a nation! We - the nation! »

And they are really a nation. The deputies of the Verkhovna Rada stand together with the people on the barricades. Before people. Defending their constituents are. At Lutheran, they stood before the bulldozers. You can imagine the State Duma, embarked on Bolotnaya between police and protesters citizens and do not give the police beat people? Taxi drivers transported people to the square that night for free, announcing this in social networks. Hotels and allowed to warm to recover all comers. Indeed all - including police officers. It's quite a strange sight when one turns to the toilet and there are fighters "Berkut" and "mitingovalniki." As they say here: "Those who are in red helmets, those - our. Those who are black - is also ours, they just do not yet know about it. " Hostels provide accommodation. Motorists are left on the walls of readiness bezkoshtovno ads - that is free of charge - to take people home. People carry food, firewood and diesel fuel all over the city. Feed support camp does not stop here even for an hour. The group of Crimean Tatars arrived a week and cooked pilaf in a huge cauldron. But Miss Ukraine 2013 as an ordinary volonetra carries the camp tea frozen people. I see it every day. Recently, she works with her face medical mask that too much attention do well to perform a top model grassroots - but the main thing now - work.
Do nationalists here? Yes. They are the majority. Mentally Maidan - western Ukrainian. Party "Freedom" - the nationalist. Flags UPA quite often. And the slogans "Glory to Ukraine! Heroes of Glory, "" Glory to the nation! Vorogov Death, "" Ukraine! Hope truncated! "Can be heard every minute from every angle. There ultraradicals - the same okolofutbolnaya youth that fought with the "Berkut" and drove him at the monument to Lenin, the one that rammed system veveshnikov bulldozer from the presidential administration, and the same one that fought during the storming of the House of Trade Unions and watered attacking hoses from the windows of the City Council. From time to time they appear now, loud marching through the streets with a claw hammer and iron bars in their hands, and then disappear. They are few, but they are the most notable. All the rest - a moderate. Not everyday, but how shall I say ... well, beyond words it is not comes. Nationalism here is not personified. It is not directed at individuals with the wrong skin color, and no inside and outside, against the policy of trying to impose its will on its neighbors. Not against countries - it is against the policy of the States, it's important.

I absolutely do not share Bandera slogans. But there were no problems with my Russian speaking and Russian passport I did not arise. With all these chants and flags murder on ethnic grounds here are extremely rare. There is a large Turkish diaspora to him quite calmly, even respectful attitude. Despite the fact that the barricades had heard about "nasty Janissaries' that the Cossacks never allowed to rule themselves. Yes, there are fights with the left. Yes, the monument was overthrown by the cries of "commies on Gilyaks." But knives to each other and no one cuts in the entrances to the head are not firing. "Stop feeding Hutsul" nobody cries.

- Who does not jump, he Moskal - said, looking me in the eye, a guy jumping in a Cossack hat.

- I Moskal - say.

Lit each other and went about his business.

In general, "there is nationalism, and there is nationalism».

Independence - it does not hipster story. This is about something else. The vast majority of people here - ordinary peasants. Hard workers. People from the ground. Awkward or quite simply dressed. Boys in the narrow jeans with iPhones can not be found here. That is, they come for the weekend, of course, as in the theater, take pictures, but the rest of the life support, the blood of the camp are people not of the highest levels of society.

I think about European integration, they have a rather distant concept. Actually, the Maidan - this is not about European integration as well. Viktor Yanukovych's refusal to sign the agreement was only the start the most. And if the authorities did not pay attention when protesters now have all long since gone home. Not such a big problem - not signed this year, will sign in the next, when the president will be another - fair elections and freedom of speech is still has not been canceled.

But the authorities behaved in a completely idiotic. Thirty-beaten man, even if they threw stones and sticks at the special squad - is neprofesiionalizm. And the next day came to Independence for thousands. Then there was a collision on Bankova, where people were already lying finished and came out into the streets million. Then there were the demolition of the barricade, and downright silly attempt to sweep Maidana - and this Sunday is expected to the largest influx of people. Each time the government is doing everything to Maidan to grow in size again by once. Now here even at night it is always ten thousand. Of the original three hundred.

Independence is no longer resembles the game "Summer lightning". Instead demolished toy barricades built these walls - of the bags with snow, watered with water and reinforced welded fittings - all day the day before was cooked, - cables, barbed wire, hedgehogs, barrels, metal shields and generally all that came to hand. Lack of understanding of what and how to do and what we do here today, gone, and the service been established clearly and precisely, with the change, platoons, hundreds, distribution of responsibilities, sectors observation posts, posts and the permit regime. Service as are veterans of Afghanistan, which is now six hundred men. To repel the attack felled plywood boards - just exactly as we did in childhood, when we played in the Knights. The streets are blocked by hedgehogs. Things got serious. Yanukovych stir the anthill and stir, angered him. People having fun, evil, prepared, and they wait.

On the bridge over the barricade on Institutska, hangs a poster "," Golden Eagle "welcome to hell».

Demolish, of course, and it is possible. I can bear anything. Four thousand dressed in armor-trained and trained fighters with shields, gas grenades, plastic bullets and water cannons are capable of performing miracles.

But then there will be a half of Ukraine.

Actually, the most interesting thing to remember here is, of course, people. The boy and eighty centimeters tall, who on the morning of the siege came to us, a group of journalists, he stopped and said, "Guys, I'm scared." And he said in Russian. The girl, who was standing in front of the barricade, looked at a cohort and a phalanx of faceless people behind plexiglass visors, and wept. She was obviously scared, but she was crying, in my opinion, not on it. And the feeling that her country has moved some way back line and after this step will not be. MP on the barricade at the Lutheran when she cracked under the pressure shield security officials, climbed up, and calls upon the soldiers not to carry out criminal orders, do not shed blood, because people voluntarily would not go away. The priest leading a column singing the national anthem to the presidential administration to the police cordons. Hand with a cross over HELMETS attackers and defenders, glowing in mixed into a single club a couple of thousand mouths breathing. The pastor in the Lutheran Church, the young and smiling, who built his temple in a medical center. Voluntary sanbrigada about the administration itself, where there was a massacre, and where waiting for a repeat - calmly, confidently and without fear - two girls and a boy, very young, twenty years. Veterans of Afghanistan, before embarking chain barricade and the first to take the brunt of attacks, and even for some time oppressed them, calling on people help. And these people, climbing over the barricade, and jumps into the crowd, taking his place in it, and crushing all the power to have come from above, from Bankova, armored dark mass. And fat chubby boy, with whom we still pinned to the barricade at some point, and that, having rested leg, crushed and pressed back shields, shouting. Cut off from his and squeezed surrounded by several special forces pressed defending the parapet, had risen in the "turtle" and blocking shields - in my opinion, they are the same were ready to die for something special for your order, as well as those who They surrounded them, were willing to die for their freedom. And - organized specially for them a corridor to allow them to leave to his own, under the breath of thousands chanting "peaceful protest! peaceful protest! peaceful protest! ", and their retreat. And the roar of hundreds at a time set by the paving Metal panels on the team 'panels on the ground! "And scream and the sound and the rumble and roar of the teams, and throw up on building their fists in the designation of the rear rows of the sign" stop "- all that unique noise that been together create a force on the force of a thousand people.

But most of all I remember the woman in her fifties. She stood to the side, near the tents, and somehow did not climb to the eyes with its placard, although usually all here trying to convey the idea. And she had a poster - the usual piece of drawing paper. Only it is written on it: "We, the mothers, we can not run away from dubnok. We can run on machines. Do you want to? »

Generally, the posters there is a separate issue. You can even write a report. The riot of creativity, wit and resourcefulness. But most of all I liked the two serious. "They do not give us zhiti - we do not Damo praviti them." And the second, which was written on the barricades demolished - "Slaves are not allowed to paradise." It's amazing how people managed to fifteen words to express my whole meaning of life.

Independence is growing every day. It is changing by the hour. Each time, going to monitor the situation, I do not know those places where there was still a couple of hours ago. From tents have built entire streets, and I'm starting to get confused in them, unable to find a familiar way to the hotel. Fortification strengthened continuously and constantly some new engineering solutions. The last - wrapped in barbed wire hedgehogs and spread on neytralke broad band is still the same barbed wire. People are constantly coming. The population of the camp is growing. Habitable and has already established its own logic and life swung entered the optimal mode of operation. Everyone knows their place, each performing their duties. Some hauling firewood, others served tea and sandwiches, and others prepare them, the fourth cook soup, Bigus, porridge and stew - at all, the fifth on duty at the barricades, the sixth of their building, the seventh in the self-defense units, the eighth set shawls, ninth scavenge, tenths , fifteenth, twentieth ... amazing, but he dropped out and packed snow has been removed from the area for just one night - with just sticks and hammers. Removed, packed in sacks and folded into the barricade.

As written here in one of the leaflets, "I drop in the ocean».

But together they - the ocean.

Independence - is upheld. It upheld. In the literal sense of the word. Here, in my opinion, it was all Ukrainian militia and reserve forces is no longer in power. What to expect from her any further, I can not imagine. In contrast to the direct and predictable as ABC, the Russian government Viktor Yanukovych completely unpredictable. While there was a lull. To establish a parity of forces. Neither one nor the other side there is no clear numerical advantage. But still here waiting for the power option and are preparing for it. I am waiting too. It seems to me, to the gas business still comes. Yanukovych has already lost once the Maidan, who gave him to become president, and such developments for the second time, he obviously does not want at all. So, I think he's ready for an extreme option. But again, to understand the logic of it is quite impossible.

A Ukraine that night - the night assault - yet joined the EU. Anyway - Independence accurately. In one of the passages through the barricades here and it is written: "Entrance to Europe».

And is this entrance is through the Maidan. In all senses.

And Ukrainians are great. Just guys tents.

Defended.

Will!
Source Your text to link ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting