Company phone zombies

Many people know that I'm a hacker. This surprised many when I say that I hate technology. Yes, when I say this, I'm exaggerating a little. In fact, I just got annoying how technologies invade our lives.

If you walked on any crowded streets, I am sure you will understand what I mean. Over the past 3-4 years has increased significantly the number of people buried in their smartphones during a walk and suspended completely from the outside world. If a person needs to pass the time (or he suffers from procrastination), he plunges into the endless scrolling feed of Facebook, Twitter, or switch. Hell, I've seen people do it while watching a TV show, they waited a week.

Do not get me wrong, the technology - it is a great power, which has helped us to achieve amazing heights (we sent people to f *** th moon). But that does not prevent me to think that our most recent invention, reduced quality of life than improved. We have become a society of telephone zombies, bowed his head over the glowing screens in an endless absorption of endless amounts of useless information.

Obviously, the reason was the increase in the number of mobile phones in recent years. Исследование, conducted by Pew Internet, it shows that 56% of the US adult population owns a smartphone. This is a huge number of people whose pockets are devices with constant internet access. This alone is a ground for abuse, but the root of the obsession - is what we are doing on our devices.

While companies such as Apple, Samsung and HTC are fighting for what device you use, there are many companies competing for something more important - your attention. Many of these companies derive their income from advertising, so they are interested in, that you enjoyed their applications as much as possible. Think of companies like Facebook, Twitter or, for example, Buzzfeed. These companies, whose income is growing in direct proportion to the interest of their members. The problem is that getting and keeping our attention - an incredibly easy task, and these companies were able to get complete control over it.

Think about it. It is possible in your pocket or within reach at any time there is a device with internet access. This device has the ability to make a sound or vibrate to alert that there was something important or concerns you. The device is always ready for use, allowing you to quickly turn it on, review the information, and turn off when you need it and when you want. In addition, there are companies financially interested in the fact that you interact with your device maximum possible time and your eyes look as much advertising. Is it any wonder that we have become a society obsessed by our phones?

I'm sure it is because of this precious mobile phones - a source of information and waste of fast fun - began to worry us more than real life. Why endure the boredom of 30 seconds, if you can pull out your phone and laugh amusing SIFCO? We have turned into a society of Internet-dependent people who need constant entertainment from the phone instead of enjoying the real people and real life.

It seems to me, the solution consists of two parts. The first - is ourselves. If what I say, you know yourself, think about how you use the Internet and telephone. The next time pick up a phone, consider what made you do it. Is it so serious reason to be distracted from what is happening around you?

I try to convince friends to postpone their phones away while I'm around. A couple of weeks ago at a party, I selected and disconnected all phones, saying that we have gathered to spend time with each other, not with the "debility phones." At first, my obviously nasty trick led everyone in irritation. However, at the end of the evening I was approached by several people they said they would not be able to enjoy an evening to the full, constantly distracted by the ringing phone in your pocket. By the way, all in the company were my close friends, my behavior so they do not hurt. If you decided to repeat the like, make sure that the person does not hate you after this stunt!

If you are looking for a less aggressive way to separate the person from the phone, try to play in the "Tower of the handsets» (The Phone Stacking Game). The next time when you come to the cafe with friends, add the phone face down on each other in the center of the table. First, who would get the phone out of the tower, pays for all. It's fun and unobtrusive, and no one will take you asshole.

The latter - if you do not believe me, try it yourself. Turn off the phone for an hour, for a day, it does not matter (main switch off completely), and try to focus fully on your surroundings, friends, business. I hope you find this pastime more sense than that phone has to offer. And together we will make this world a better place, one after the other screen is dark.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/205344/

Tags

See also

New and interesting