Tank Museum

The author writes: Munster in my wife's sister Anna moved this year to her husband that there is now in its eighth year, is a nurse in the tank school of the Bundeswehr. We wanted to go to his service, and Basti offered to go to the local tank museum. "How, in this hole there is a tank museum?" - I caught fire. And, as it turns out, is not small. It presents the history of German armored vehicles from the first tank to the present day. As a person who grew up in Nazi Germany has conquered the Soviet Union, it seemed to me difficult to be surprised or admiring "the enemy" technique, but in fact there was all much easier. Although had to feel a little confused, standing in front of the German "Tiger", it is very ominous looking, this broneglyba, and grenades were not under rukoy.Vechnaya memory of all those who stood in the way of these monsters.

Tiger close to the T-34.

All information in the museum in the German language, so learn something had Apostle, digging on the Internet. After pictures of the tank, motorcycle or other vehicle is a picture tablet with specifications and information, again in German. I'll show you everything that I have seen, although it is more than a hundred photographs. Only appliances, no cats and children, the text to a minimum. However, there is one sheep in camouflage.

On the street in front of the museum.

Munster Coat the left.

Three outdoor exhibit. Self-propelled artillery, tank destroyer.

Main Battle Tank German 60 "Leopard».

Reconnaissance vehicle "Lynx».

And here is a sheep. The region is known for its sheep farms.

The swastika is forbidden in Germany, it can be found only in museums. I can not stand when the helmet form a motorcycle chase.

Adrian Steel Helmet M15 during the First World War with the Russian coat of arms of the Romanov era.

One exhibition was devoted to the war games. Battleship, must be understood.

Tank, collected from the designer.

Tick-tock - for fresh breath, and SO-TEC - tactical game.

War Game "Red vs. Blue", produced in the years 1933-1942.

Armour of the medieval horseman (1630) and Knight (1550).

The four huge room under the roof forced by tanks and armored vehicles.

The first serial tank of the German Empire A7V, released 20 copies in 1917-1918.

Inside the tank, you can look. It can accommodate up to 23 persons.

Companies that participated in the construction of the first tank.

A prototype of a light tank LK II with a gun, which was not put into production because of the First World War.

Armored vehicles for urban police action early 20 - ies.

Tilt Wheel.

Heavy army Motorcycle Zundapp KS 750 with increased maneuverability and agility, was used for reconnaissance, transportation of personnel and various goods and the evacuation of the wounded.

Heinz Guderian, the founder of tank development in Germany and the tank of the armed forces in the world, and his uniform.

The emblem of the German armored forces (skull with crossed bones, t. N. "Totenkopf»).

Czech light tank of the Second World War.

German medium tank during World War II, was recognized in the Soviet Union in the 1940 Best Foreign tank in its class.

BOSCH.

One on one with the tiger. German heavy tank. The cost of production of the tank "Tiger I» - more than 800,000 Reichsmarks (according to the German Wikipedia page - 300.000 Reichsmark), twice the price of a tank of any of those times. This copy is collected from different parts of wrecked cars. 6 preserved these tanks.

Next hit by a projectile.

A star on the armor is much nicer to see than the cross. Legendary Soviet medium tank T-34. Due to the totality of its fighting qualities of T-34 has been recognized by many experts and military experts, one of the best tanks of World War II. With its creation, Soviet designers managed to find a balance between the main combat, tactical, ballistic, performance, running and processing characteristics.

"Panther". They "Tiger" is much larger than our T-34, but we still won.

The Panthers have 4 tail.

Another German medium tank, the tank is the mascovy Panzerwaffe.

In the event of a melee.

The most mass motorcycle in the German army.

Operation "Citadel" - offensive of the German side in the Battle of Kursk, one of the key battles in World War II. And self-propelled mine "Goliath" - loaded with explosives and driven at a distance wedge designed to destroy tanks, dense infantry formation and destruction of buildings.

Insignia German armored divisions in World War II.

Floating-wheel drive off-road vehicle for military use. Volkswagen.

Screw.

Light anti-tank self-propelled artillery system (ACS). One of the few exhibits with information in English.

Heavy ACS-based Panther tank destroyer.

Another heavy tank destroyer based on the average tank.

Some information in English.

A large collection tank periscopes.

Sherman - US Medium Tank of the Second World War.

Number plates hanging, and information on them anywhere near there. Perhaps the evolution of armored helmets / hats.

Source: prachkovskiy.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting