McDonald's employee

A former employee of one of McDonald's restaurants anonymously told about hard work, stealing cucumbers and life hacking, which is using every visitor. McDonald's - a place where seriously say that the only reason that I can miss work - death. In any other state of your body should be in a restaurant, and when I fainted from the fact that deep-frying temperature of 52 degrees, do not go home then, and otlёzhivalas on the couch. Not released. It was one of the most hellish work in my life. I silently doing what is said, but now I understand: the conditions in which I was stuck, were inhuman.

New colleagues

Each ensconced expect a little practice: you drive around the restaurant, tell and show that where there is and what is intended. From the first days outstanding form, which seems to be designed to ensure that you felt like a jerk. It is inconvenient, formless and rarely comes across in size. Thick jeans with no pockets, ugly shirt and cap. It's terrible, but, oddly enough, strengthens team spirit and a sense of solidarity.

In communion with the "team" is not enough time, and competitive spirit on a par with the wild beats fatigue remains of desire to communicate. The team of the restaurant consists of two groups - the newcomers and the backbone. It is understood: of those who came to work with me at the same time or later at the time of my dismissal was left nobody will. Catastrophic turnover coexists with terrifying regularity. Pupils and students come and escape in a few months. Permanent employees - is often older people. They hate their job, but to throw it still does not want to.

Cleaning

All beginners start with the room, work there - it's sheer madness. You never stand still: to wash the floor, wipe the table collect and take out the trash, repeat. Dry and pray that tomorrow is not started to rain or snow, because then comes the hell.

Real danger PRESS trash that turns into a small immensity PACKAGES smelly BRICKS

The worst the gap was cleaning the toilet. And I'm not talking about a clogged toilet paper down the toilet. I am a 16-year-old girl should go every hour in the men's room and check if everything is OK there. But there right at the entrance to the urinals. It was terrible, ashamed and afraid. I once tried to wait until all come out, catch a peek. But there are always people. Although the boy is probably more difficult because there is only embarrassed me, and then his lady handbag and can whack. And he was so tired, poor, downtrodden, in acne.

Although the real danger of the gap is probably just the press of garbage, which turns vast stakes in small smelly bricks. But if you do everything carefully - nothing will happen. Anyway, the most dangerous place - the kitchen.

Work in the kitchen

Education begins in the kitchen with cooking potatoes - this is the most tedious job in the world. Pour frozen potatoes dipped in oil, timers squeaked. I dumped in a heap, salt, packaged in sachets. Everything is simple and clear. Here are just living such potatoes no more than 3-5 minutes. After becoming "nekonditsiyu" that needs to be disposed of. Money from you for prepared ahead of time not to write off a portion, but not pat on the head. In addition, when it is necessary to flow a large supply, a second pull, third to package simultaneously. Do not burn oil at 200-300 degrees here impossible. In summer, when such a wild pace does not cost anything to lose consciousness. Therefore, beginners are afraid to crash into a vat of oil. I once nearly fell, but the hedge at the last moment and grab the edge, and one girl had no time and dove right into his hands. Burns for life. But the gap can be discreetly eat to satiety.

The position of "Meat" working man who is preparing burgers. He fries burgers, stuffed bread in the toaster and then collects it all together. Standard preparing burgers "people on the small meat" - their figachat continuously. Large branded burgers are made also on the regime, but not as active. They collect the "man on the big meat", which is preparing a large beef patties. Not everyone knows that the burgers are going downwards. First, put the hat, then the sauce, lettuce, tomato, cheese, chicken and cover the bottom "stump." And then turn over.

BIN - hot iron cabinet with burgers, which stands behind the cashiers. The man who runs it today - the main kitchen. He has been packed burgers, watching their freshness timers and says who, what and how much to fry. In fact, he can rearrange these timers, if he sees that time is running out burger, and do not want to write him. So for the stale bread soaked burgers and all thanks to him.

BOP - another fryer, which is used for everything except potatoes: fish, chicken, cheese balls, patties. Here, in addition to makchikena and fillet-o-fish, twist rolls. All this is done only on request. If you've heard of "Mac" sound ICQ - it is just a signal to "bop", indicating that it is time to work.

There is a night worker's position - they are engaged in cleaning the kitchen. Clean grills, changing oil, restock the machine. Visitors of them do not intersect, and the job is assigned exclusively boys.

Cashiers

Work at the box office after a monotone and madness in the hall and the kitchen even calms. You're like zavedёnny lose one and the same scenario, repeating memorized phrases. When does the potato, the cashier, taking another batch, yelling at the kitchen 'VILLAGE potatoes! "- And kartoshechnyh maker owe him roar in response:" Thank you, rustic POTATO! »

Socializing with the guests is not only not welcome, but simply unacceptable. This algorithm: ask questions, get one of the possible answers, which implies a new question. Communication is terminated at the time of receiving the money. According to the rules, this dialogue should result in 30-40 seconds, and another 60 for the order to be collected. Ideally, there should be not more than 210 seconds from the moment when the person got up in a queue until receipt of the order. This is the gold standard.

If you're in a good relationship
With those who think money, someone BENEFITS CAN BE USED
To cover their minus

When I was working at the cash register, I somehow always turned out the extra money. But usually there are shortages. If you have a good relationship with someone who thinks money is someone the pros can be used to cover the disadvantages of other cashiers. This mutual assistance. Although a friend of mine, who also worked at McDonald's, told me that they had not only blamed for the pros, but not forced to pay the shortfall. Apparently, it all depends on the director.

About the standard methods of sales of sauces and pies, even not speak - obviously. If you do not want to listen to these suggestions each time enough after the order has sounded, said: "Everything!»

Phrases such codes play an important role in the work. In dealing with customer specific wording is important - I was constantly kicked per revolution "would you like to book ...?" Indicates that failure can not be assumed. We need to offer. But the control of the foregoing ended. The notorious "Bible worker McDonald's» 750 pages, maybe there is, but the rank and file employees are not familiar with it. At best, oral exposure in the form of recommendations.

--img4--

Customers

I am most infuriated people who started there on the spot. Order after going slowly, and while you're gone for a drink, they unfold and begin to munch burgers in front of you, or indulge in potatoes. I want to knock out of the hands and shouted: "What are you doing with him?»

Often there are rowdies - are coming to the "Mac" feel royally. And if he bought three Big Tasty - it generally has no equal. He is rude, there mandative tone of contempt in the eyes. Sometimes grandma come and grab you by the hand, crying, "Why tea is already 40 rubles? Are you out of your mind ?! "When in a good mood - pouring them free.

We were regularly visit an old grandpa - he always scandals. He shouted that a diabetic and can not stand in line, climbed ahead and defied all calling bastards. One day after a difficult day, I politely asked him to change the tone. The next moment I flew in the face of a handful of small change. Right swung and tossed. I silently turned and went into the kitchen. They caught her breath - calmed down. She returned with his order, kept handed and went to the next customer.

--img5--

Harm visitors often do not have opportunities. And why? Hardly be able to meet its natural enemies, and if this happens - you will not have time to spit in his burger. Although my friend once threw a lady in the face of a drink after some unflattering comments on her part. It was a moment of triumph for the whole restaurant. He embodied the dreams of many, but, of course, was immediately fired.

Sometimes the end of the day at the cash register turned out candy, toys, flowers - they brought my "fans". No attention is not there: I disliked colleagues and managers scolded. When it became clear that the brewing is not working, and "babsky" conflict I start all these gifts "courtesy" to distribute to colleagues. "In cash" I met her future employer, he gave me a compliment and left a business card. Now I work in a modeling agency.

Working conditions

For five days 12 hours I was paid 8000 rubles. Since I was 16 years old - they could not make out my full time. 25,000, which they say in advertising in the subway, you can make only in the "full-time". To get there, not enough to come in and say, 'I want you to work a full day! "We must first settle all. Trained, as I do. Curry favor. For six months of work, I saw only one person that this "honored."

Quality control

Monitoring Checklist (PLN) - form, which is several times a month filled with a manager for each employee. There are about 200 points. One day, the manager looks after you and says, are you fulfilled all the necessary stuff. I do smiled. Is the money put. Do wash your hands after calculated client and before you assemble the order. It was effortless eye contact, and so on. If any of the items you provtykal and KLN is less than 100% - you're shit. Dial up three times less than 100% - and the boss begins to talk aloud, whether you are worthy of the job.

Monitor is not only the quality of service, and quality products - at the beginning of each month in a restaurant visited by the secret visitors, and everybody knows about it. Because the service in the first week and a half at certain hours - the highest class.

The products used to prepare burgers, really good. Vegetables bring high quality and fresh. Oil, in spite of the rumors, the need for change at the first (and sometimes even in the middle of the day). I can not say anything about the meat - it comes in the form of ready-burgers semis, but I think that he's all right. Although once we went to the manager and said, "Guys. Salads do not advise there. They worms! "Since then, none of us touched the salads in the" Mac ". But selling, of course, sell. All sold out.

Invisible bonuses

Over time you can go on a break twice, but paid for only one meal. Legendary dinner employee is more like a sop - a tea (and only one), a small potato and one of the small burgers. However, instead of a hamburger or a cheeseburger, you can take the filet-o-fish. Managers can have everything they want. Therefore, they are thick.

Given the meager wages and inhuman conditions trying to find any benefit for himself. Everything useful that can be in the "Mac" - food. It can be carried out in two ways: raw or finished form. Both I used. Taskala everything - from vegetables to frozen convenience foods and lavash. And I made friends with the staff the night shift, and they somehow made me a gift - a large package of caramel sauce for ice cream.

The "Mac" free feed can be friends. They come in, order a horn, then you deadpanned passing through the kitchen, down to a couple of packages everything that comes their way, and then vydaёsh them together with a check for 23 rubles. The main thing - to act clearly and calmly. The most convenient way to do this in the window - there thyself king over you, and no one is watching.

However, there is life hacking and visitors. Few people know that a burger you can change whatever you like. If you want to without vegetables, with more chop or other sauce - you need only ask, and in most cases you do not take charge. In addition, you can simply ask to make you a fresh burger, if you do not believe in those that are already on the "bin».

At McDonald's, by the way, set a good coffee machine and very good coffee. But it is always better to order a regular black American, and after asking pour free milk. And still much more profitable instead of ice cream filled with the usual horn and ordered him to separate the sauce.

--img6--

Source: www.the-village.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting