European revolution in Ukraine, view from the inside

The point, of course, ungrateful, to give their assessment of such events, but I'll try.

In Kiev, now is really a revolution. City captured by the opposition. No indifferent, and no members of the opposition. Let me explain. All this looks like a great national holiday. Imagine, for example, that if Russia won the FIFA World Cup. To celebrate the victory goes to the streets of the whole city! Even those who have never watched football and watched rejoices with them. Machinery honking, people rush through the city with flags, greeting each other, hugging. That's roughly the atmosphere is now in Kiev. Euphoria, joy, anticipation of victory. Very cool. Felt that the walls are crumbling, that tomorrow will be just better than today, although everyone understands that this is only the beginning.

If a week ago, here people were divided into those who want to Europe and those who are closer to Russia, but now all of this no one speaks. If before the main slogan was "Ukraine - end of Europe", now "Zeke Get out! Zek Get out! Re-vo-lution! ". "Zeke" - it is Yanukovych. He had several previous convictions, so it is now a convict and tease. People are really united against the current government. The occasion was dispersal of peaceful demonstrators.

And most importantly, what really missed a few years ago in Moscow - people come together around the country. Every second in the hands of the flag of Ukraine, many walk in national costumes, constantly here and there singing a hymn. Not white ribbon, not symbols of political parties, and the flag of their country. Can you imagine, before starting the next wave of the assault of the Presidential Administration, the people all together sing the anthem of the country! Singing demonstrators sing along to them from the police cordon. This union is not about some politicians, but for the future of Ukraine.

Moscow can not see it, so our kitchen and political scientists argue some conspiracy bought or people trying to embroil the fraternal peoples. Offered by the Internet, and it says that on the streets beating people speaking in Russian. I few days have never experienced any animosity in his address. I spoke with all in Russian, even Natsik masked. No one on me never looked askance not. Among young people, sometimes there are those who know Russian poorly, so they call friends who can translate and explain.

Revolution is certainly rumors. Rumors and any delirium born on the Internet, then these rumors are the people in the square. There is little information, the link does not work well, but word of mouth spreads any information throughout the city immediately. Yesterday, for example, the whole day discussing some girl who died in the hospital from beating Berkut. No one, certainly not dead, but many have tried to embitter people telling this bike. There were rumors about the Russian special forces and Chechen OMON, who allegedly came to rescue Yanukovych. About snipers, water cannons, rubber bullets shooting demonstrators and other nonsense. Of course, this is just a rumor. No one believe.

If you close the window and Twitter to get outside, then again, you see tens of thousands of ordinary people who came out for the future of their country. You go to the cafe and the waitress says to you: "You're probably a journalist, here's a table with a socket, sit down, work!". Sit in a taxi, and the whole city is covered with barricades. I think now the taxi driver will grumble, but he said: "Right now you'll take, put the car and go myself get up close with the people!". Around people, of course, trying to swarm all sorts of policy, to somehow capitalize protest, but in this topic do not climb. In grades Ukrainian politicians do not understand and do not want to understand.

I do not know how to extricate himself from Yanukovych situation, but indifferent in Kiev less every day. And now about yesterday.

01. Morning meet at St. Michael's Square. On the eve here Berkut pushed demonstrators to disperse the Maidan

02. People are heated by the barrel. Little people, on the night in the square are the most persistent. Today is scheduled big march and still no one knows how it will end. It is now we know that will storming the Presidential Administration , capture of the City Council and the tens of thousands of people on the Maidan, and yesterday morning, all were wondering how to pass the day.

03. Right camp, Ukrainian nationalists, then they will fight with eagles and soldiers near the Presidential Administration. Guys do yourself a makeshift defense. The biggest deficit in the city - masks and respirators. In pharmacies there is a shortage of bandages and gauze bandages.

04. By mid-afternoon in the park Shevchenko people gather to go marching on Independence Square. Walk a few kilometers. Night Kiev court decided to ban all until January mass protest and rally in the center. Police cordoned off the Maidan, exposed metal shields. People are worried,

Let's look at a map:

Thus, the gathering of people was appointed in Shevchenko Park, there were all going to go to the Maidan. Some people spent the night at St. Michael's Square, where I started my report.

05. In Shevchenko Park quickly gathered thousands of 50 people, political leaders began their vystupleniya.Slyshno they were bad, but too much and no one listened.

06. People often ask, what kind of people go to the streets in Kiev? Look. Ordinary people, both young and old. People of all incomes, ages, and political views are close.

07. Towards noon came to St. Michael's Square column with protesters to join the majority of people in the park. I climbed the bell tower of St. Sophia Cathedral to take pictures. It's funny that I was there alone. We usually all favorable terms caked journalists.

08. Send

09. All these processions attract urban freaks. They all are photographed, they in turn feel the crowd's attention, and its importance. It's funny to watch it from the outside. But, in fairness it should be noted that the clowns in Ukraine is much less than in Moscow.

10. Creative

11. Young people are wearing helmets, everyone expects a fight with the police.

12. It is said on Russian television showed some get on about the events in Ukraine. I do not know, I'm 10 years old Russian television now as I do not look. I do not understand why Ukrainians have any shit, and then complain that it smells like shit? Do not be surprised if soon release NTV revelatory film about Maidan.

13. Another picture with the participants.

14. Part of the radical youth on the way to arm. Everyone is waiting for that on Independence Square will have to beat the police, who cordoned off her before, but by the time the police had already gone out.

15. Indeed, when people come to the area, there were no police. Young people start to destroy the tree. Tree then became one of the symbols of power Yanukovych. "Kravavaya tree." Under the pretext of building a Christmas tree and New Year celebrations authorities violently dispersed people with Maidan.

16. The workers left construction equipment and protesters immediately climbed on it. In such situations, is always a lot of onlookers who climb higher to watch the events.

17. Well, I had to climb the tree to remove the pan from the top area. Indeed tens of thousands of people. Calculate difficult.

18. See how many flags of Ukraine in the crowd. Many Russian flags you see on our meetings?

19. Near Natsik harness flags Party of Regions, Viktor Yanukovych. These people will then be in the forefront to beat conscripts about the Presidential Administration.

20. Someone climbs higher to watch the events on the Maidan.

21. Someone even know me).

22. On the way, the protesters seized the city administration, something like our City Hall. There is almost no police and demonstrators quickly penetrate.

23. The building is immediately declared the headquarters of the revolution).

24. Rumors about the capture of the city administration to quickly fly around the city. From all corners of the people go to look at the new headquarters of the revolution. The input queue, a small crowd. Wanting very much. But admission is free.

25. In the dining room provide free tea, coffee and bread.

26. The building quickly establish a new order. It's really very interesting. I remember when I was on the revolution in Kyrgyzstan, after the capture of administrative buildings Kyrgyz carried all the way up to the finish. All looted and burned on its way. In Kiev, the invaders themselves closed all the corridors leading to the Cabinet and to the upper floors, so no one went there and nothing, God forbid, not stolen!

27. Thank visible windows - it is a museum of gifts. None of the gift is not touched! None of the glass is not broken inside. Incredibly.

28. Zahvatchki all posts established that no one caused damage to the building. "We are civilized people, which took lawlessness authorities. We do not Moroder, not provocateurs and bandits. Bandits are sitting in the presidential administration, but here are people who want their country to normal tomorrow! We love our country! We will not allow any provocation. »

30. It seems that the whole town was on a tour.

32. Sam headquarters is located in the auditorium. Here you can take a meal, get free medicines and clothes. Everything is very well organized. Look, no writing on the wall! None torn zanovesochki. Still, Ukrainians are very steep. This European revolution.

33. Rumor has it that night, the police is going to beat off a building, so all are sleeping directly on the carpets of the city administration.

34. play guitar)

35. Security will not allow the upper levels, require to show them press card. I did not have a press card, ate strayed) As a result, empty, but with the scandal. In general, it is very interesting to see how people seized power, this power to quickly distribute among themselves and set their own rules.

36. Turn the men's room.

37. At this time, on the street ...

38. In the evening there were rumors that the crowd wants to demolish the monument to Lenin. In fact, no one not to demolish the monument, just a little spoiled pedestal and finished writing the letter "H" to "Lenin».

At night, people built barricades around the square. But more about that in the next post.

Related posts:
Storming of the Presidential Administration, Kiev
# ЄvroMaydan. Direct video and text translation

- To make the census, press one of the buttons below:

Source: zyalt.livejournal.com/942866.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting