Springfield

Imagine a white girl singing like a black woman. Imagine even rock music, woven with a jazz rendition of the song, as well as experiments vsegad on the verge of styles and genres. And the clear voice, clear and gently reprimanding words. And let me introduce you to Dusty Springfield.

In fact, this girl called Mary O'Brien. Nickname Dusty «Dirty" she received from her parents for quite impossible behavior in childhood. Meaning that he always came from the street covered with mud and dust, it does not seem to run, and lay on the streets of London. Her parents loved to sing and loved their children too. Therefore when Mary finally got rid of school, she did not think for a long time, and what she should do, and immediately went to sing.

Two years Dusty sang in a group called «Lana Sisters», and then another three years in the folk group «The Springfields», which was organized by her brother Tom and his friend Tim Field.

«The Springfields» made a few hits, but quickly fell apart, as Dusty drove to America and came back completely enchanted there the rhythms, rhythm-and-blues style and in general to all. With her usual determination, she changed her style, image, dyed hair, summed up his eyes, and began her solo career.

His first solo song Dusty wrote a few days after the collapse of «The Springfields». It was I only want to be with you - megahit that Dusty performed after other people, although none of them was able to repeat its success.

Thus, since 1963, Dusty did a solo career in style r'n'b, creating literally hit after hit. As a result, she received the nickname "the white queen r'n'b» and for two decades has established itself in that position.

For example, the famous song Son of a preacher man. The secret of its popularity - a beautiful and unusual voice of Dusty Springfield, who sang at the same time in the Negro and the "white way" interfere with styles, but it was also how she behaved in life and on stage. The strong-willed, independent, very workable, Dusty did not stop at nothing to sing as she wanted as her "breathtaking».

This is how the image was Dusty while

Dusty was popular not only among the public - colleagues, too, loved and respected talent of the singer. She was considered a great interpreter of composers such as Janis Ian, considered it an honor to work with her.

When she wrote down my thing «In the Winter» I realized that no one and never will be able to give me the same honor. Dusty literally killing myself when singing. In the world there are not so many artists that I invited to record their own songs, but Dusty - one of them. And it is - one of those moments in my life that I'm most proud

On the next record Dusty imprinted with the Beatles - Beatles and Dusty are young and beautiful in a leading role.

After Dusty won his native England, she decided to branch out a little bit and went to America. By that time (late 70's), it has become one of the pillars of show business itself and produced the (which was very rare at that time) and she was confident. But in America it is not lucky. The problem was not in the songs, the problem was gossip. Only lazy people do not scolded Dusty lesbian. She really was not quite traditional inclinations and gossip really hurt the singer, so creative ups quickly replaced alcohol, drugs and suicide attempts.

In the 80 th Dusty almost scored a career.

When I met Dusty, it is, alas, it was almost insane, - says a businesswoman from Los Angeles, close friend of the singer. - She was a very vulnerable person, a wonderful, very special. ... The most nice and beautiful person I've ever known. But at the same time, it was the most dangerous man of all living. She drank, used drugs and periodically tried to cut his wrists. Until then, she was vulnerable!

Dusty Springfield Revival began in 1987 when two freaks her songs and her voice guy from Pet Shop Boys offered her act together. Suddenly Dusty agreed, and together they have released another hit What have I done to deserve this? and recorded several songs for the new album, the singer ... Dusty again suddenly gained popularity, and soon came out and "Pulp Fiction", with whom Dusty song Son of a preacher man got a second wind ... Finally, it was someone needs! Finally, once again a success! It seemed that a new rise is not far off ...

Dusty has recorded a new album when it was discovered that she had cancer. Once he managed to cure, but the disease returned. She has performed, composed and recorded the song, but it was clear that we can not do much ...

Already in the hospital Dusty received the Order of the British Empire and was included in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ... Prior to that event, she did not live two weeks. March 2, 1999 Dusty died, her ashes scattered in Ireland.

Tags

See also

New and interesting