Penthouse Stewart

American designer Jill Stuart made a name for itself in the production of flirty dresses for young girls. His first successful collection of accessories, handbags and jewelry she created 15 years of age.

For me, the euphoria - is to create a design that I, my friends and contemporaries will find attractive and at the same time emphasizing someone's personality - Jill says, defining the philosophy of his work.

Interestingly, and in one house lives a talented designer? The penthouse is located in New York's SoHo ...

Stewart and her husband Ronald Curtis moved to the 12-storey building, designed by the legendary architect Philip Johnson, a few years ago. The apartment accommodates six bedrooms and five bathrooms, a terrace of 2000 square feet, with stunning views of the Hudson River and Manhattan.

It is very quiet here, it's like an oasis - says Stewart.

I love looking out the window at the Statue of Liberty, or relax in your bath and watch the boats. This is - the real world.
For home decoration Jill invited professional - Anabel Selldorf known for his ability to combine glamor and minimalism. The hostess nevsegda agreed with interior designer. So, Annabel proposed parquet, carpets and Jill preferred. And as a wall decoration Stewart wanted artistic plaster, what Selldorf was not sure. As a result, professionally sharpened taste Jill was right - silky Venetian plaster favorably shades canvas modern painting. In the matter of bright accents sides reached consensus - they give individuality and relieve the monotony.

Stewart was pleased with the result:
The proportions are correct and light in abundance. I love to go home. This - the best place.

Tags

See also

New and interesting