Brooklyn Tweed

Jared Flood - New York knitwear designer and photographer. Many knitters it is known as Brooklyn Tweed, created by the simple and extremely elegant and stylish things. Interestingly, he knits and hand.

In addition, Jared travels the country teaching traditional techniques crocheted.

His original work has been shown in magazines Interweave, Vogue Knitting, Knit.1, but most of all he became famous thanks to the Internet.

According to him, he draws inspiration from a variety of sources, chief among which is the architecture. Brooklyn also collects traditional and antique publications (books, pamphlets, samples, archival photographs), and they find a lot of ideas in the traditional version of knitted garments.
I love the rich history of knitted garments and methods that were present in knitwear for hundreds of years. I like to play with ways to bring them into a more contemporary context for the current vyazalschits.

As for the favorite techniques in knitting Jared says he does not like to dwell on one method.
There are so many different categories that will never get bored. My current obsession - kruzheva.

Flood says that almost all knits for yourself.

He believes that the Internet has had a profound influence on the development of his business, because he started out as a blogger.
The Internet was a platform that allowed me to communicate and share their work with drugimi.

Tags

See also

New and interesting