Stories shopaholic

After the "Confessions of a Shopaholic" in the air, tobish comments, hung the question "what happened?" I understand that it was not polite of me to ignore it for so long. And today, I want to fix it.

Especially because in the way of getting rid of their addiction, "bought and forget" in front of me there was plenty of challenges, fun and paradoxes, of which I impatient to share with you.

So, the story first.

Once I confessed in front of a virtual audience, to far to go, I decided in the same way to talk to a therapist. After reviewing dozens of sites to online services of psychologists, I stopped on one resource, where the cost of "aid" to fit into the framework of my idea of ​​how much it should cost. Wrote, payment, I waited. Yeah, I expect, would much: detailed instructions, notations or offer to undergo. But it was much easier - three days later my revelations about the willingness to recognize and eradicate this mania, I received such a response:

"And what is your way? You lose money? If so, then we must find an alternative to this addiction. Or do not go shopping!
Sincerely, Nick psychologist Tanya »
Impressions from the response of a given individual, calling itself the psychologist (and even with what the name!), Were similar to those when I shoes of Jill Stuart is not the size of the online store bought. And I was waiting for them!

Leaving the virtual world alone, I decided to go to this therapist. Not that this was really such an urgent need for more, probably motivated me curious - what is a "professional help of a psychologist" ... About Irina colorful Isaakovna could write a separate story. Brunette middle aged, lean body with small eyes and a bag «Boy» by Chanel (such a chain instead of a pen, remember?)

Actually this lady and I had to "lie down on the couch." She listened to me patiently, somewhere even smiled, I think it was when I was told about 15 sets of underwear. But what followed later, I was plunging into a depression. It turned out that I have a great big amount of problems, complexes and some sort of deviation, and it's important to treat an urgent need, and preferably for more than 10 sessions ...

... And she sits in front of me and tells about smart things on her mysterious language of psychotherapy, but this time, my self-esteem all the slips and slides down to the laminated floor of her office. Apparently, this is their trick - first cripple, then treat.

I sit myself under monotonic recommendations Irina Isaakovna, thinking. What do you think about ?! My brain already draws pictures of how much and what could be bought for the amount spent on this depressive therapy sessions. "Money is a pity ..." - oops! I caught myself at the thought, and even proud of a beginning. Here it is, a little, but all the same result.

And once I awakened in me a sense of surprise, as the greed for money, I realized - I had to seize the moment! In this spirit, I decided to take a promenade on their usual boutiques and shops.

How the world changes beautifully dressed mannequins, fashionably decorated with racks of expensive shoes and friendly sellers near them! How the world changes when you have no intention to give him a certain amount. It was even fun to watch as somewhere evaporated smiles and helpful, practical advice and compliments to the address of your eye color and shape ... The effect of this metamorphosis had an effect on me better than any therapy.

What can I say, the money is still terrible power with them - you're a god, without them - you're nobody ... And no, psychotherapists do not change!

Tags

See also

New and interesting