Anna Piaggi

To my surprise a few people in our country even know who he is and what contribution she made for fashion ... So I decided to devote all ignorant in this matter.
The eccentric Italian Anna Piaggi known columnist of the fashion stylist, who jokingly called "the grandmother of fashion," died Aug. 7 to 82-year life. For many years Anna Piaggi faithful to his eclectic style and never appeared in public twice in the same dress. A strand of blue hair, carelessly, "a stray" from the classic British hats, bright lipstick, fur, flashy accessories and faded jeans - Anna Piaggi safely combine incongruous. Fans of Anna from around the world mourn her death.

She began her career with the post of editor of the first in her country women's magazine Ariadne, has collaborated with the Italian version of Vanity and Vogue, which published its so-called "dual pageĀ» (Doppie Pagine). Piaggi was the muse of designers Manolo Blahnik, Stephen Jones, Versace and Karl Lagerfeld. In 2006, the Victoria and Albert Museum in London hosted an exhibition Anna Piaggi: Fashion-Ology. She was presented with samples from the personal collection Piaggi, numbering 2586 dresses and 256 pairs of shoes, as well as models from the collections of Balenciaga, Fendi, Galliano, Poiret, Manolo Blahnik, on the work she has affected.

For half a century Piaggi remained one of the most well known and respected in the world of fashion critics; He called her his muse Karl Lagerfeld, Christian Lacroix, and Gianni Versace. Anna collected clothes and created his own unique style, combining items of different eras.

Actually the death of a legend left a mark in the hearts of many people, including those from the world of fashion ...

The fashion house Valentino twitter there was a record: It is unfortunate that Anna Piaggi no longer with us. May she rest in peace.
House of Versace: We mourn the loss of Anna Piaggi, one of the most prominent figures of Italian fashion. We'll miss you, Anna.
Creative director of Japanese Vogue, Anna Case Rousseau:
I will always miss Anna Piaggi !!!
Stylist, fashion director Bullett Magazine Melissa Rubini:
Thank you for having inspired me! R.I.P

Fashion journalist Derek Blasberg:
RIP Anna Piaggi, striking and often absurd, but always inspiring and unsurpassed
Russian Vogue:
We join their condolences. Anna, we skuchat.Feshn-journalist Daria Shapovalova:
Today, the 81 year of life, died a style icon, stylist and journalist Anna Piaggi. We grieve and remember!

Burlesque queen Dita Von Teese:
Very sad to hear that Anna Piaggi left, one of my last icons of beauty and style.
Tina Kandelaki: That's old age! At the age of 81 years died a great dreamer of Italian fashion Anna Piaggi.
We also subscribe to the above, RIP Anna!

Tags

See also

New and interesting