Angela Rockwood

I remember well my emotions, when for a long time, a few years ago on the street saw the girl who hit me. It was very neat and tidy: dyed and neatly laid mop of long hair, made by the rules of make-up, nice clothes, jewelry ... And the monstrous contrast - wheelchair in which sat this beauty. Carriage was carrying middle-aged woman, I assumed it was her mother. She was very young, 25 years, a maximum of 30 bright, blooming, but ... why? For whom? So I thought then, as she is still "green" and inexperienced. It was a pity that a broken flower that bloomed, no matter what.

Seeing the program about Angela Rockwood, which is perhaps the best-known model with disabilities, I remembered the case and to rethink their beliefs about people with disabilities who want to be beautiful. They have for someone trying to - first of all for ourselves! Angela Rockwood has proven that even when confined to a wheelchair, you can continue modeling career and, furthermore, to inspire thousands of young girls, to give them confidence in their abilities. I am sure that not one young fashion model looking at a photo of Angela thought: "If it is in such a position could be known, am I, healthy, can not?ยป

Angela little more than 30, and the last 11 years she has been living with paralysis of the lower limbs. Ridiculous car accident was a turning point in the life of aspiring model and actress, who, moreover, ready for the wedding. The accident claimed the life of a friend Rockwood, Thieu, who was also an actress. For the first time since the tragedy, like the majority of people with disabilities, Angela depressovala because all her hopes and aspirations turned strikeout (shortly before the disaster Angela came first "Fast and the Furious," in which she had a cameo). However, Dustin Nguyen, Angela's fiance (also an actor) immediately made it clear that despite the fact that she can no longer walk, he did not love her less, and love played a beautiful wedding. In 2006 they had a child ...

For many years, Angela is an honorary member and one of the experts in public relations International Resource Centre on behalf of the paralysis of the Christopher and Dana Rivov. Rockwood has participated in press conferences, appeared on various TV shows, distributed interview. Parallel to this, she starred in the feature photo shoots, continuing her modeling career

In 2011 Angela broke up with Dustin Nguyen, but the second did not fall into depression. She was offered a part in a TV show Push Girls - Reality of four young and beautiful woman, who, as wheelchair users, build their careers and personal lives in Los Angeles. So far, the project filmed in one season, and perhaps some of our channels will dare to show

Angela does not consider himself "not like everyone else." She is young, successful, popular, she eats fans and followers. And most importantly - it does not lose hope that someday gets on his feet. "Medicine is now advanced - Rockwood said - and I look to the future with a positive"

Tags

See also

New and interesting