Money - is an art

Money - is an art, and art - it's money! German conceptual artist Hans Peter Feldmann (Hans-Peter Feldmann) in the eighth biennial Hugo Boss Prize was awarded Guggenheim (Solomon Guggenheim) in the amount of one hundred thousand dollars for significant achievements in contemporary art.

Feldman asked his prize in cash in denominations of one dollar. He conceived a unique action, deciding to turn a lot of money in the artwork.

The artist in an interview with the «New York Times» said:

I am 70 years old, and I started doing art in the 50's. At that time there was no money in the art world. Money and art are incompatible. For me, these one hundred thousand dollars are of particular importance. Unbelievable that this happened to me. And I want to show everyone that amount of green.

To implement his ideas into practice has been allocated a special room. It took thirteen days of installers for the sole museum of its kind installation. They covered the room notes from floor to ceiling. It is a formal experiment that turned into an abstract amount of visible product with which we deal every day.

Indoor ordered to install cameras and hour security, when suddenly the sight is too tempting for visitors. At the end of the exhibition all denominations went to purse laureate - Feldman.

Tags

See also

New and interesting