Gangnam Style

South Korean rapper Sai ends 2012 on a winning note - his phenomenal hit «Gangnam Style» grossed over a billion views on YouTube. Prior to this, no viral video does not achieve such success (viral video - this is the material that is being distributed without promotional support through a voluntary placement of users on their pages, references to "share video" tweets, likes, etc.).

Pep-thrash clip was posted on YouTube on July 15 and very quickly won the title of the most viewed videos on this resource, ahead of Justin Bieber video, Madonna and other popular pop figures. On the day of the alleged end of the world (which we successfully passed) views hit Cy exceeded billion. At the time of writing this post, he had already 1002046450 display. Think about that number: it turns out that «Gangnam Style» looked every sixth person in the world! It seems that the Korean video plump jovial browsing even aliens - how else to explain such a rapid growth in the number of views?

In a recent interview with Sai he said that still dwells in a light shock at the sudden hype around his clip, and at the same time said he did not want to be a performer of a hit.

"I do not think that someday my other composition can beat this record, but it's not all that I'm capable of»
Despite his statements, other video Cy are much less popular. For example, his other hits, Right Now, a little more than ten million hits in two years. However, for the artist from South Korea, it is still an impressive figure

Right Now - also quite jauntily song Sai keeps the brand

Tags

psy

See also

New and interesting