Emma Stone

In the last 5 years, Emma Stone has moved from co-worker funny roles in such movies as "Zombieland" and "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" in a more dramatic fashion in the "servants" and "Gangster Squad." The real breakthrough for her was the film "Easy A," which, surprisingly for many, has become a loud hit. Emma It showed that in addition to a pleasant appearance, it has also nedyuzhy comedic talent.
In my childhood idols little Emma was Gilda Radner from the show «Saturday Night Live» and Steve Martin, which explains the fact that even the most serious characters in the performance of Emma are easy chudinku. Last year, the actress can be seen in the "New Spiderman" where the screen "chemistry" with her boyfriend Andrew Garfield conspicuous no less than special effects and pyrotechnics.
In the "Hunters for the gangsters' Stone is trying something completely new - it plays a sophisticated woman, full of mysteries. In addition, Emma reunited with Ryan Gosling - Casanova, which she has managed to re-educate "this stupid love."

Who do you play in "Gangster Squad»?

Grace Faraday. She moved to Hollywood in the 40s years, to become a star, but that it did not happen and as a result it is nailed to the famous gangster Mickey Cohen and his gang. It also strikes up an affair with Jerry Wouters played by Ryan Gosling. He is a police officer investigating the case of Cohen. Grace is playing with fire and, still, is torn between good and evil.
The actresses all the time looked like dolls. Is it difficult to you would look so good all the time?

Underwear demanded a lot. Every day took a lot of time to put on a bustier and a little corset. But on the other hand, you immediately become much tighter than in modern clothing, and it also helps to get used to the image.
Is it difficult to be given to you is not funny in such serious dramas?

In real life joke to me - naturally. I watched a at this point in recent years. Often jokes for me - it's a way to relieve the awkwardness of the situation. Therefore, it is very invigorating and inspiring - to be part of projects in which there is no fun or frivolous.

Let's talk about last year's Oscars, where you are presenting the award, along with Ben Stiller. Many viewers thought it was the most memorable moment of the evening.

The award was for visual effects, so we have Ben had a lot of funny ideas. Among the nominees was the movie "Rise of the Planet of the Apes", so we thought that we can bring to the stage a chimpanzee and I would say, "He looks just like a real" and Ben would say "This is a real chimpanzee." And I would have continued to insist "simply stunning work of experts!", And he would have repeated "This is a real chimpanzee." But it turned out that it is impossible to devote join any particular movie, otherwise the audience will think you overtighten the voice on the side of the film. So instead, we pretended that Ben was at the ceremony a hundred times, and I played the crowded enthusiastic beginner. I was very excited, but he did not.

You were very convincing.

Thank you. Although many people have thought about something else. When I went backstage, I began to say, "You're so drunk!". Although this was not the case. At least until the end of the ceremony.
Did you like at the Oscars?

When you go to your first premiere or awards ceremony, you think, "What the hell am I doing here?" All these people I've never met here, too, and it's so cool! But over time, it becomes just another part of the work. It was only a few events where I really felt it was a great evening - and Oscar was one of them.
Which film makes you cry?
I cry every time at the end of "city lights", when Charlie Chaplin walks past shop windows, and the once blind girl gives him a flower, and appends it to his lapel. She thought that he was a millionaire, but in fact he was just a tramp. She takes his hand and says, "You?". He nods and says, "Now, can you see?". She replies, "Yes, now I can see.", And the camera shows his face, which shines like never before. This last line: "Yes, now I see." Has many meanings. It echoes all romantic films made since then and in all the best moments in life.
Photographer: Juergen Teller

Tags

See also

New and interesting