Home Gerard Depardieu

Gerard Depardieu Xavier Marcel was born December 27, 1948 - French actor. It is considered one of the "popular and favorite actors not only in France but also far beyond its borders." Today we find ourselves at his home.

The building of the former theater of the 1920s in which he settled Gerard Depardieu, is located on the tiny and ancient street Cherche-Midi ("looking for noon"), celebrated in the novel Ehrenburg's "The Fall of Paris", on the outskirts of plots owned in the 1820s Baron Chambon . From the semi-circular window in the bedroom opens Depardieu textbook view of the "Roof of Paris."

The actor bought the land in 2008. In the house Chambon he had other plans - he decided to rebuild the theater in the "studio". Depardieu is passionate and collect art, he needed a house similar to the artist's studio: spacious, bright, empty is. In the photo - Gerard Depardieu on the ground floor of his "atelier" next to the sculpture of André Lamy "Muse" (1807).

"I love art, and inspired them with since earned enough to buy the first picture," - he says.

In the photo above - a fragment of the garden with another sculpture from the collection of Depardieu. "In my garden so secluded and quiet that I sometimes forget that I live in the center of Paris," - says the actor.

The plan for restructuring did Depardieu architect Alain-Dominique Galizya, interiors with Guillaume Trouvé and Stefan Mocanu. Work it got hard. Main room "studio" - a living room and gallery in one. Skylights in the ceiling gives the room a resemblance to the artist's studio. In the center - a bench made of beams of the church of the XIV century. The slots filled metal beams - that was like a Brancusi. Carpet with abstraktsionistskim pattern woven to order in Romania.

Depardieu, much like a big kid, quickly disappointed in all artistic decisions and proposals. Capricious, in short. The situation seemed hopeless, but came to the aid case. Once on the opening of the exhibition of the sculptor Bernard Quentin, Depardieu admired his work and offered to work on a project at home: "I knew right away - that's what I need!" Despite its age (Quentin ninety, he once was a friend of Picasso and Paul Klee) sculptor agreed.
On the second floor is a sculptural staircase made of glass and metal, designed by Stefan Mocanu and performed by Eric Terry.

On the photo - view of the mezzanine where is the bedroom of the actor - the smallest of the four apartment house. Parapet mezzanine adorns the frieze on the design of Bernard Quentin. It's called The Puzzle.

Specialty Quentin - sculptures and installations related to letters and words. For Depardieu, who in childhood and adolescence, speech impairment, and got rid of it only in the theater school, and the word of sacred literature. So a lot of letters in the interior. The facade, for example, is a hieroglyphic message of Confucius. We must see with what pleasure Depardieu, the owner of one of the most melodious voice of France, reciting words and syllables "poetry of silence" with its facade!

Fragment of glass overlooking the garden wall. In this picture you can see in detail hieroglyphic signs that Bernard Quentin, "wrote" his "Appeal to Confucius": an encrypted poem about the beauty of nature and the wisdom of Creation is encased in a steel grid covering the glass wall of the three-story building.

Poems installations Quentin and decorate a wall in the main volume and a fireplace. Prominently also occupy various objects of art: sculpture, painting, design objects like beams from the church of the XIV century, transformed into a bench. Like many actors, Depardieu interior full of associations with his roles. The open kitchen of black Carrara marble is reminiscent of the famous chef Vatel, an abundance of art - Rodin. Between desktops actor (foreground) and a kitchen - Germaine Richier sculpture.

But in principle, not a lot of things. "Decor in interior makes me tired. He once only clutter up the space! "- Says Depardieu. And this is not just a whim, and belief. "Between objects and walls must be air - the only way to live. I do consider myself a minimalist. How much do I need in my age? "- Adds the actor is not without coquetry. Of great importance for the gourmet, winemaker and restaurateur Depardieu is its cuisine. The main thing here - a huge plate AGA, which allows "easy to prepare food for fifteen people, not looking up from his conversation with them."

Quentin self-determination Depardieu does not agree: "What he is minimalist? He's a pack rat! "But, in general, a lot of things in the house or a little, does not really matter - the main thing that they are just as much needed Depardieu.

Looking at all this beauty ... almost jealous ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting