Wildlife: Hippos against Lions

These breathtaking shots you will see a mortal combat between a hippopotamus and two lions. Having driven into the river hippopotamus, lions waited a couple of times, hidden in nearby rocks for two hours, to lure prey. The outcome of the fight was decided in advance ...

1. Witness the drama became a 39-year-old photographer Andrew Schumann. "One morning I was awakened by cries of alarm, even though I did not know what it screams hippopotamus." In the photo: the lion jumped on the back of hippopotamus, and the second attack in front. It was in the Sabi Sands Reserve in South Africa.

2. "I went to the noise and saw a young hippo 3-5 years surrounded by hungry lions. Every time a hippo tried to escape, the Lions ran after him, and he again retreated to saving water. " Photo: Lions drove hippo in the water.

3. One of the lions trying to oust the hippo out of the water, but he himself banished.

4. "Judging by the scratches on the back of a hippopotamus, lions chased him for a long time. Lions settled on the rocks near the water. about two hours hippo slowly rose out of the water. He seems to have not seen the lions crouched in the grass. " Photo: lions hiding on the rocks as if not interested in his prey.

5. On land the hippo turned the face of mortal danger.

6. Leo jumped on the victim's back and the other circled around. This shows how the hippo exhausted and ranen.

7. Then both predator began to atake.

8. Hippo in horror again ran to the water. Meanwhile, the drama has attracted the attention of the third lva.

9. And the third predator does not have to wait long ... 57,195,405

10. Three to one - at the hippo was not shansov.

11. As a result, he sdalsya.

12. Game over. 1: 0 in favor of the lions. The poor man began to devour their prey straight into the water. "While it is always frustrating to watch as the killing of other animals, such is the nature, and it is an unforgettable sight," - says the photographer.

See also: In the UK, a man robbed the fox. Hungry Bear prevented the family picnic. Penguin and the man rescued dolphin. Festive table lemurs. Long-eared jerboa - the "eared" being on the planet.

Source: bigpicture.ru/?p=290928

Tags

See also

New and interesting