Girl drinks his brain

Young woman recovered from unbearable headaches after doctors taught her "drink" own brain fluid. 26-year-old Sam Chaplin was suffering from a rare disease called intracranial hypertension. This leads to the fact that in the skull nakaplivayuschayacya fluid pressure on the brain and, in extreme cases it can even lead to blindness. Sam condition was so severe that she was bedridden and doctors believed that it was close to a stroke.

But after they found a way to remove excess fluid from her brain to the stomach, her life changed. Drain, also known as gastro-peritoneal shunt connected brain and stomach, allowing it to digest their cerebrospinal fluid and relieve the pressure on the brain. "Before, my life was pretty miserable. I spent all day in bed, and I was filled with self-pity. I did not want to live, because I did not have life as such, but only terrible headaches. I tried many medications that either do not help or give short-term effect, so when my doctor advised me to install a shunt, I jumped at the chance - says Sam. Sam first noticed signs of illness in January 2010, while working at the bar.

"I was working behind the bar and suddenly I visually impaired, I could not see clients. All a blur before my eyes and I felt very strange. It was very scary and I immediately went to the hospital, "- she said.

Sam was sent to a number of experts who suspected that she might have a brain tumor. Fortunately, after a series of tests, a brain tumor was removed from the list of possible causes of the disease. However, doctors have not been able to determine what happened to her. Experts have found the true cause of her health problems only after a lumbar puncture. The human brain is surrounded by fluid that protects the brain from hitting the wall of the skull, but the organism Sam, turns out to produce the liquid three times more than normal. Even after diagnosis and decision 17 different medications a day, Sam continued to suffer from terrible headaches. It was only in May last year the girl was installed a shunt to drain excess fluid. Sam hoped for immediate relief, but her mind took a while to get used to the foreign body. Some time later, Sam has adapted to change and since she lives a normal life again.

Source: fedpost.ru/lydi/42164-devushka-pet-svoj-mozg-chtoby-izbavitsya-ot-golovnyx-bolej.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting