Photos icebreaker





From the author Sergey Dolya:

During the expedition to the North Pole I was able to do almost unique pictures of the icebreaker from the air in the polar night.

Amazing triumph of the human mind victory over the harsh elements. Moreover, in every sense! Imagine: some experts have designed a vessel that can reach a lifeless planet's poles, others for decades inventing and perfecting the aircraft, and others (our favorite) - developed a matrix for highly sensitive camera that can shoot in complete darkness. And now, sitting behind the monitor with a cup of coffee, we can see this fantastic picture anywhere in the world!

Photos icebreaker



Before you show pictures from a helicopter, tell us how we reached the pole. About an hour before arrival, all gathered in the captain's cabin:

Photos icebreaker

Expedition leader - Artur Chilingarov:

Photos icebreaker

Captain Valentin Davydyants got instead exec and took command of the ship itself. Pay attention to the monitor with green design - a radar that shows ice conditions because the icebreaker is not a straight line, and selects a path through the gullies and cracks:

Photos icebreaker

Before the North Pole minutes. In cutting the waiter came and kept the champagne at the ready:

Photos icebreaker

Finally, the goal is achieved!

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

Hooray!

Photos icebreaker

About how has passed the baton I said in the first post.

Photos icebreaker

And now the photos from a helicopter:

Photos icebreaker

I want to make a reservation: I did not fly it at the North Pole, because he saw that the others were shooting there, and knew that the conditions still very dark. I arranged for a flight the next day at noon. Then, although it was still dark, I managed more or less to pull some footage:

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

To help you understand how it was dark, I left a couple of shots as it is: Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

Photos icebreaker

©