What we in knowledge and what does France

"When I was a kid, my father told me:" Knowledge - force. Francis Bacon »(Knowledge is power. Francis Bacon). But I understood it so: «Knowledge is power, France is bacon».
More than 10 years I have puzzled over the second part - and what a surreal relationship was between the two? If I have someone quoted: «Knowledge is power, France is bacon» - they nodded understandingly. Or someone might say: «Knowledge is power», and I finish: «France is bacon», - and they did not look at me as if I had said something very strange and profoundly disagreed.
I asked the teacher, which means «Knowledge is power, France is bacon», and received in return a detailed explanation of the first part - "Knowledge - force", but not a word about France. When I spoke with a question mark «France is bacon» hoping to get an explanation on the part of the teacher just said, "Yes».
In 12 years, I did not have the heart to ask further. I just took this idea as something which I can not understand. Only years later I saw it written expression. "

Tags

See also

New and interesting