14-year-old American girl

14-year-old Tan Clymer of Oklahoma City, during a visit to the park with his family in the United States found Arkansas 3, 85-carat diamond. During the interview, she told reporters that saw such a unique discovery on the ground a few hours after arriving in the park. "This canary diamond is very similar to another gem of the same color 4.21 carat diamond that is found in the park of the town police Novatus Oklahoma Marvin Culver March 12, 2006, - said Bill Henderson, assistant park manager.

Tan named the diamond "pearl of God» (God's Jewel), said park officials.

"Tan said she was so excited that I could not sleep last night - Henderson said on Sunday. - She's going to reserve a diamond for the ring, or if it is evaluated in a large bag of money, she uses it to pay for in college. "

This year a lot of diamonds were found on the surface of the shallow, Henderson said, noting that the heavy rains wash away dirt, uncovering diamonds.
Gem, which she found, is 396th out of those that have been discovered on the territory of the park in the south of Arkansas this year. Among other precious stones in the park there are amethyst, garnet, peridot, jasper, agate, calcite, barite and quartz.

Over 75 thousand. Diamond found in the park since its opening in 1906. This deposit in 1972 became a state park.

Tan said Tuesday it plans to sell the diamond and use the money to pay for in college. In an interview with WTSP she told me that was about to leave the park after two hours of digging, but something the size of a jelly candies got into her eyes: "I thought it was a piece of paper or foil from candy wrappers. Then, when I touched it, I thought it was a piece of marble. I think that God directed me to it. I was about to catch up with my parents, but God told me to take the time to look. Then I found a diamond! »

According to one of the employees of the park, a diamond can cost about $ 15 000 to 60 000.

Mother Tana Amanda Giordano NewsOK in an interview said that a few years she begged her husband Brian to take the family to the park. When he read that one boy in July found there a diamond 5, 15 carats, he decided that they should go there for an autumn vacation. And Tana found a diamond.

Source: www.epochtimes.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting