Elena Chukovskaia. Return the original

"My God, my God, what happened ...ยป

Interestingly, of all the fairy tales "Crocodile" was subjected to particularly severe censorship. First Chukovskii had to replace Petrograd to Leningrad, then - "German said" on "in Turkish spoken." Then, the censors did not like such a character as a policeman. On this occasion, there is a very funny letter Korney Ivanovich. Unfortunately, during the Soviet era a lot should not mention. On Christmas Day, for example. All this had to change. Now it is difficult to publish these books, focusing on the original version: tales Chukovskiy already so entered the consciousness that any change can cause a shock to the reader.

Here is a comic case. In Chukovskiy in "Moidodyr" was "God, my God, what happened, why all around ..." "Oh, God," we could not, so he was forced to replace the phrase. And for a long time "Moidodyr" came out "What is what happened ...", but there was no rhyme. There is even a letter to the editor, where Chukovskij asks that he be allowed to "oh my god ..." The latest edition and came out: "What is it, what happened ..." Then I once entered the most is "oh my god ...": just corrected in proof, and left such a publication. I summoned the deputy editor of the publishing house "The Kid". It turned out to him an indignant letter came from somewhere, almost from the Far East. Parents wrote that their son 14 years old and supposedly reads fairy tales Chukovskiy. Change the word familiar from childhood fairy tales, you should consider what harm it can bring his young fragile soul. So the question of the canonical texts of fairy tales - not so simple.

Source Your text to link ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting