7 ways to bring new customers through the old

Why give new customers of old hands? Firstly, it is free. Secondly, these customers are more likely to trust us, much less effort is spent on negotiations and persuasion. And, thirdly, in practice in various fields of business, the average check, or the average amount of the contract with the client, who came on the recommendation is usually higher than the average check "of the client from the street ».

Let's see what you can do to bring new old customers.

1. Ask people to talk about you

Memorize the simple phrase, "Tell me your friend" (or "Tell me about your colleagues') - and do not be lazy to repeat it each client at the end of each meeting.

The recommendation is very simple - but it works. Check.

2. Explain who you need

To the people on the one hand, not afraid to recommend to you, and on the other - are not sent to you people is wrong, there is a reason to explain who exactly would you like to see as clients, who can be the most useful.

"If you know someone who moved to Moscow ...", "If someone you know is a child is born ...", "If you're familiar with the sales manager or director of sales ..." - clear and understandable wording will help your customer to navigate, who stands to offer your contacts, and to whom they unnecessarily.

3. Explain the benefits to the potential customer

To the person you want to recommend a friend or partner, he needs the arguments in favor of this recommendation. Need a ready answer to the question: "Why do you tell me you recommend it?»

Therefore please explain to the client that if, for example, one of their friends moved from town to town, you can suggest a way to save him from 500 to 2000 dollars. Or, if someone from their friends playing tennis, you do not just offer coach services, and can raise the efficiency of its innings at 15-20%.

4. Offer something for free for a future client

People do not like to recommend to friends paid goods and services - are afraid that they may be suspected of advertising. And if a friend did not like buying - whom he is to blame?

But if you offer free coffee, free advice, free first massage or first lesson free sample product etc. - Recommend you not scared.

5. Give a reason to talk about you

People do not like to talk about business as usual. Uninteresting. "I was in the restaurant yesterday - so what? Where an occasion to talk? »

So if we want to tell us, we should be in the business of something, the story of what many customers will start with the words "To get!" It can be anything - Astronauts autographed portraits on the wall of the principal's office or a hamburger thickness of 26 centimeters in the restaurant's menu.

Such details are stored, and then with them easily start a story about you turning into a recommendation.

6. Provide the customers something to be transmitted from hand to hand

When asked to recommend you give out to their customers something tangible that they could pass along with the oral recommendation. Business cards, discount or gift coupons, some more small printing industry.

What will not be able to tell you about my friend a satisfied customer - make him your business card or brochure.

7. Praise and reward!

It is impossible to overstate the importance of oral and written thanks to those who sent you to the client. If Bob gave you a new client, or if the buyer himself told you that came from "Wasi" - do not forget, firstly, thank Vasya immediately mail or call, and, secondly, in the coming days to make Basil small but nice gift.

As practice shows, this simple move - thanks and a gift - increases the number of customers coming to you for advice by 40-50%

Tags

See also

New and interesting