The sudden transformation of an abandoned railway tunnel

The Chinese port city Siamen (Xiamen) has a very unusual place - the railway tunnel Vanshishan (Wanshishan), turned into a place for walking and recreation.

It would seem that the total could be between the abandoned dark tunnel, where 40 years ago panting locomotives and holiday destination? Yet how can!

The history of the tunnel is: built in 1957 through the mountain center Siamenya partitioned into two parts, had a length of 700 meters and up to the early 80s cruised to train here. And then they built another branch, and the tunnel was abandoned. Almost twenty he was a kind of dark place littered with debris. Then, the city authorities decided to make the tunnel a place of rest and spent its full restoration. Paved walkways inside, set the bas-reliefs on the theme of the railway, held lighting. And now the tunnel turned into one of the most unusual places in the city. In the tunnel a variety of events, musicians play at the weekend strolling crowds of locals and tourists about the tunnel do not know, is a clear off the beaten path.

I found a tunnel accident. Just walking along the railroad tracks, thereby reducing the path to the hotel

Then a monument unreadable for me, but go further

And that's what I saw in the end

About the city Siamen we talk separately, he's great! In my opinion - one of the nicest cities in China, where I did not want to leave.

Source: puerrtto.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting