Frenchman Jeremy Marie traveled the world hitchhiking

Frenchman Jeremy Marie (Jeremy Marie) took five years to travel around the world, covering a distance of 100,000 miles, and at the same time relying solely on the kindness of strangers, who hauled it for free.

Having experienced the 50-degree heat deserts of Sudan and 20 degrees of frost Kazakh steppes, Mr. Marie visited more than seventy countries.

In October 2007, 29-year-old traveler kicked out of Caen (Caen), Normandy, moving on passing cars, boats, planes and even donkeys.

It is noteworthy that for all 180,000 km Jeremy has not spent a dime on transport. Instead, he relied entirely on the generosity of strangers, gives him a free pass.

During his journey, he hitchhike across Europe, USA, South America, Africa, Australia, New Zealand and many other countries and continents, sleeping where have.

Jeremy says that the passion for travel, he lights up when staying in Poland and lived in a Polish family in an international exchange program students.

"Hunting see the world has led to the fact that I decided to spend a year abroad. I first went to Wales. Within a year I was able to travel around the UK and Ireland. In a green and very hilly city of Dublin I first tried hitchhiking.

I like to hitchhike, it's a good way to meet people, besides you can look at the world through the eyes of local people to see and experience what tourists see and experience is usually not possible.

Returning from Wales, my friend and I went on a tour of Europe. We managed hitchhiked through Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, England and France.

The next natural step was to look at the world - and I set out to travel by hitchhiking around the world.

Hitchhiking makes it easier to get acquainted with the local people and make new friends.

Another advantage of hitchhiking is that pedestrians much more freedom of movement. I carried a bag and only one could go anywhere, anytime.

Hitchhiking is not just a way to get around - this is a real passion. I find it a convenient place on the side of the road and pick up the thumb. Then look forward, will not fall if the driver's side window. If this happens, they take my bag, I sit in the car - and then I have an opportunity to meet and talk to the driver or passengers, people I would never have met in other circumstances.

It was a long five-year test. It gave me the opportunity to see places that are otherwise difficult to reach. In total, I have visited 71 countries, including Italy, Asia, USA and Canada.

In some countries, hitchhiking is very easy. In New Zealand, it was just great: friendly people, good roads, no danger and confusion.

And here in the US was difficult because there hitchhike prohibited by law, so that people are very reluctant to agree to stop and give me a lift ".

About cruise Jeremy responds: "It was the perfect time to think about the meaning of life".

Mr. Marie says that the best part of his trip was sailing aboard the 45-foot sailboat in Cartagena (Cartagena), where the British captain enrolled him in the team.

At the intersection of the Pacific took four months, during which he visited the Kingdom of Tonga, the Galapagos Islands, Panama, Auckland and New Zealand.

Mr Marie said: "Of course, this is my most favorite memory. On board good think about the meaning of life. There's no need to worry, there will be able to catch a ride to the next.

Hitchhiking gave me a chance to see much of the world. This is the best way to travel.

Sometimes I happened not to me: everywhere there are good and bad people, so hitchhiking, caution should be exercised when deciding who to trust and who not ".

Tags

See also

New and interesting